Anyone have experience incorporating with Tax USA, or tax filing experience with them

Let me just start off by saying that I don’t have any experience with Tax USA specifically, however that package seems extremely overpriced.

Let me start off by asking you some questions.

1. What’s your overall goal with this structure?
  2. How long are you planning on sticking around in Singapore?
  3. How come you need the US LLC and don’t just do the easy thing and incorporate where you live (Singapore)? Is it to make it easier for US clients? Is it for privacy reasons? Is it to access US banking or services (Stripe, etc)?
  4. In which state are you forming the LLC and why?
  5. How come you are using a US firm for incorporating in Singapore? My guess is you’d find much better (and more affordable) advice from a local partner—especially since you’re living there yourself.
  6. How are you planning to pay yourself (you and your partner)? Salaries? Dividends?

A few observations:

• Setting up a generic pass-through LLC in the US can be done for $200-300 in a day or so (consider New Mexico or Wyoming).
  • As a US citizen with a social security number it’s quick, easy, and free to get an EIN for your LLC online. It takes literally 5 minutes.
  • With an EIN in hand it’s quick, easy, and free to open a US bank account (see Mercury from this thread).
  • It’s probably a lot cheaper, easier and you’ll get more qualified advice by working with a local firm in Singapore for that piece of the puzzle. Getting banking set up for your Singaporean company as a Singaporean resident using a Singaporean service provider should be trivial and not costly. Or you can even stick with a Transferwise for Business account if you don’t need the company to hold SGD.
  • The LLC might not be needed at all unless you have a particular reason for it (see my question above).
  • If you haven’t already, you should check how Singapore treats a passthrough US LLC—not all countries recognize their passthrough status.