Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)

Sorry to hear about this. As other pointed out, not only have our attorneys been clear on this, but this forum also has been clear on this. I have read it in multiple places.

I have read on here that others have had 20 days (or so) to get the document inā€¦you may see if you can get some extra timeā€¦I thought 20 days (which I agree is also impossibly short) was the going amount of time to remedy.

Hi Elle,

Yes, that is currently the plan, as our lawyer advised us to do the same. So hopefully we can get this done.

1 Like

Hi Vishwas,

I submitted copy of My pan card only and already received my first card in July 2022

1 Like

Golden visa investment up 42% - The Portugal News

1 Like

Does any one have SEF web link for ARI statistic from Dec 2021 onward. This link stopped at Nov 2021: conteudo-detalhe

Portugal Golden Visa Statistics - December 2023 Update (globalcitizensolutions.com)

The above link is not official but will give you a fair idea

ā€œ90 days is the maximum processing time for the Portugal Golden Visaā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

And you can get citizenship in 5 years ā€¦

4 Likes

Use the portuguese version. It has all statistics

2 Likes

A big update for our family here! Previously, my lawyers had just been able to make an appointment for me (the main applicant). They have now been able to make appointments for my family as well.

So, to add to the data:

Main applicant (me):
11/24/21 Submitted
11/26/21 Paid
7/29/22 Pre-approval
12/19/22 Biometric appointment made (for 2/2023)

Spouse and children:
11/29/21 Submitted
12/1/21 Paid
8/12/22 and 8/23/22 Spouse and Children Pre-approval (respectively)
01/11/23 Biometric appointment made (for 1/30/23)

Itā€™s a crazy paperwork gathering time, but Iā€™m glad!

7 Likes

hello, Iā€™m happy for you, itā€™s good news, itā€™s calm when I ask, or how did you get the kidsā€™ appointment? Did you get it by sending an e-mail to your lawyer or you?

1 Like

Our lawyer was able to get it after SEF sent them an email. It was a surprise to get the notification!

1 Like

Congrats! Same applies to my family. Only main applicant got biometrics appointment initially, but dependents have also just gotten biometrics too. The dilemma we are in right now is getting visa for dependents to attend biometrics, as the Portuguese consulate in my country is currently. Only the primary applicant wonā€™t be needing to apply for a visa, as he has an active schengen visa on his passport.

1 Like

Congrats and Oh No at the same time. Iā€™m so sorry about the visa dilemma. I thought I saw elsewhere on the forum that someone was able to get a letter allowing entry because of the SEF appointment, but I canā€™t remember any of the specifics of that. Good luck to you all!

An update from my post of 4 weeks ago
I have spent this week sortingā€¦
Me Porto 16th Jan
Son, Lisbon, 7th Feb
Wife, Funchal, 10th March ( she was always going to be the tough one because of her diary)
Mother, Lisbon 1st Feb

Docs MAY be in place by 10th March, but I doubt it

OlĆ”, anyone managed to travel to Portugal with Turkish Airlines transiting through Istanbul while holding an expired tĆ­tulo?
I read somewhere on this forum that Emirates is allowing people to board the flight from Dubai.

1 Like

Hey, there is a topic dedicated to this question - please also see the below posts. Bear in mind that local custom officers can make your life difficult so there is no math or exact science, someone here on this from had written that he could not travel to Portugal from Spain (though normally it should be treated as travelling within the same county)

1 Like

I was not aware of such thread. Thanks for the feedback!

Heads up for those living in Portugal while waiting for their residence card that I was asked for an atestado de residencia at my SEF appointment in Coimbra. Also for both my Portuguese and country of origin tax documents (instead of just the one I was resident in). They were quite strict and asked for almost everything they could think of that could be somehow relevant even if itā€™s not on the official documents.

2 Likes

I just received the email to make an appointment. But my spouse who applied (and got pre-approved) a few days after me did not get this yet.

Should we wait a few more days to see if we are both allowed to make appointments together?

What has your experience been with appointment scheduling?

1 Like