Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)

Yup.

@Zach1 The registration process identifies people based on old residence card number and date of birth. To repeat, you need to register each family member separately with a different email address for each one.

Also: the date of birth is DD/MM/YYYY (if youā€™re using Google Chrome and translate, it may show up as mm/dd/yyyy, donā€™t be misled). The address to which the cards will be sent will be pre-filled to the address on the old card. If that was a lawyerā€™s address, ensure it is up to date or change it.

1 Like

@Onward and @minimaxr
Thank you so much :blush::blush:

Good luck Zach1. Did you succeed? I see (on a portuguese forum) that it is absolutely necessary to register each dependent with a separate validated email. And if you have a problem for that member, you should delete the ā€œhistĆ³rico de pedidosā€ (request history) and start again.

3 Likes

@Onward:
It worked, thank you so much. :blush::blush:

3 Likes

The FBI report apostille fee is $20 when you mail it in yourself. The channelers donā€™t seem to be as useful as before Covid when they could go to the State Department in person for the apostille.

1 Like

I have an appointment in Guarda next month. I do not see people scheduling appointments in Guarda here. Is there any reason for that? For those who did attend bio in Guarda, how was your experience?

1 Like

Hi everyone, after all the waiting and endless amount of money spent on attorneys and pain with SEF we decided to pursue an alternative route and got an EU resident card under 2 months. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Hey Rose, sorry to hear that, and good luck! What alternative route did you decide on?

1 Like

We did our biometrics in Guarda at the end of September 2022. Nothing specifically different from what others have reported of other cities - they asked for NIF and social security declaration for my spouse as well, in addition to NIF and social security for me. The lawyer said this is unusual and that it varies from office to office. Itā€™s a very nice small town, although it was cold and foggy. We decided to drive there since the bus/train options looked a little complicated.

2 Likes

How long does it take to get the card from there is the important question though

1 Like

A) You are getting a residency card for Hungary, not the EU (just like the PT program) These cards do not permit you to live/work in other EU countries
B) Hereā€™s advice from one website on HUā€™s programs: Although you are eligible to apply for citizenship after you become a permanent resident of Hungary, the process is not very straightforward and is time-consuming. It is best to consider other Citizenship by Investment Programs in Europe if you are set on citizenship.

In other wordsā€¦nothing is easyā€¦

2 Likes

Is NIF required for spouse for biometrics appointment? My lawyer never asked for one.

I have a question regarding payment!
If you make payment but didnā€™t approve by SEF within 7 days from the day payment was generated. Though, the money is deducted from your bank account. Then, Will another payment be generated and the deducted amount will be added to your bank account or is there any other procedure to be followed?

2 Likes

I had the same problem. You have to wait until your lawyer is able to generate one. It took may be one or two weeks

This thread gives background and time to reimbursement: SEF payment not reflected after 2 days. As you generated the DUC(s) for the renewals, perhaps a short wait is necessary before repeating the procedure?

1 Like

Stressful 2 days finally comes to an end. My lawyer and I reach Coimbra SEF at 12:00 noon (out original appointment schedule at 14:30). A very old building in a quite street. Doors were closed,bell is broken. We press it not sure if the lack of answer is because no one is working or because the bell is broken.

We go down the road to a restaurant ( had a burnt burger ā€¦ urghhh) head back at 1:30, there is still nobody either inside or outside. I ask the lawyer is it wasa holiday, he confirms it is not. Then the security who doubles as a receptionistopens thedoor and asks us to come at 12:30. We go for a stroll to Coimbra university and head back at 14:15, he lets us in and takes my passport and the letter of appointment and ushers to aroom behind the reception which is like a training room. In afew minutes the security comes back, gives back my passport and says that they donā€™t have our appointment in the system so weā€™d need to go back. My lawyer shows the email from SEF confirming the appointment for the day and time. Then the security guard goes back and some lady walks in to the waiting room and then she says that there has been some mistake talks for a long time and then goes back and after 15 minutes she comes back and says nothing can be done. Then they talk for another 10 minutes in the meantime there was one other person who comes to get his biometrics he waits for 10 minutes finishes as well and goes out there is nobody else in the waiting area I donā€™t know if thereā€™s somebody in the office but no one in the waiting area. So I thought since they were not busy, they could easily do my biometrics but then after another 15 minutes wait another lady comes in and talks for 20 minutes telling why she canā€™t do the parametrics I try to interrupt and talk but she says mistake your lawyer and what she was trying to say is that my lawyer had canceled the appointment on 28th December. My lawyer says he didnā€™t do that and he had no reason to do it either. Then the lady goes up again comes back after another 15 minutes and says she can do nothing about it. I tried to reason with her indicating that I had flown 20 hours to reach here and taking all the efforts just for Biometrics and a picture itā€™s hardly a 15-minute job if you can do it as a special favor. She said she canā€™t help. I asked her then who can help she said our office in Lisbon.
Something did change in her at that point and she turned to my lawyer and she gave given a name of a person and an email with confidence and told him to say urgent in the subject and try to get an appointment for the next day which is Friday the 27th of January. We did that immediately and by then it was 4:30 p.mā€¦ we got a reply back from the office at 6:30 p.m. asking for my Visa and stopping to be sent my email. There was no other communication from them for the rest of the day.
Mixtape was again a big suspense. We heard nothing from them to 11:30 a.m. I kept asking my lawyer to send reminders and call them. Four of his calls and answered 5th call somebody answered and spoke to him and he related the whole experience in the situation again 12:00 noon may get an email from this year confirming for an appointment at 4:00 p.m. on 27th January for the biometrics at Lisbon.
The story is not over yet. We reach the Lisbon office at 3:30 and we see a boat outside saying that the office closes at 4:00 p.mā€¦ we spoke to the security and told him that we had an appointment for 4:00 p.m. and he said itā€™s good that he came at 3:30 had you come at 4:00 p.m. I wouldnā€™t have let you inside because the office closes. We then get into the office and thereā€™s a person who accepts your documents prior to you getting into the area where biometric is done, and the person there checked his computer and said the appointment is for Monday 4 p.m. not on Friday. We then show him the email confirming the appointment he goes inside talks to somebody comes back and says no the appointment is for 4:00 on Monday. We then tell him again that I had to return flight on Saturday and Monday is impossible. He goes on the lady comes up to talk to us and now the letters into the area of the biometrics, both lawyer and I are in that area and the lady asked me for my return tickets. I show her the tickets on my phone, and she asked for the printout. We said we donā€™t have it and she walks away from us. I thought it was very rude and didnā€™t know where she went. But I think the lady went well and she went upstairs to meet somebody more important and then she comes back and says that she spoken to the director and heā€™s asked the Biometrics to be done on the same day. By then itā€™s 4:00 p.m. and all the people in the office had put down their pants and started usual office conversations- probably about what they were going to do for the evening and the weekend. Then the lady who spoke to us spoke to one of the staff members and kindly requested her to do my Biometrics and I could see her protesting. There was a negotiation between this lady and the lady at the desk and finally she relented. So this lady was very Stern and asked for all the documents that we had submitted in the original application. Fortunately we had all the documents except one. The lawyer said that he can send it by email to her within the next 5 minutes Iā€™m surprisingly she agreed. That document reached her as well and she was kind enough to take a print out included with the rest of the documents and she did Biometrics which took 2 minutes.
Finally with all this hard work, stress and unnecessary pain, my Biometrics was done. And Iā€™m flying out today.
I suggest all of you doing biometrics take all your documents with you

9 Likes

True. Iā€™ve tried doing this myself in the past but unfortunately for me its worth the cost to just drop the docs off at the channeler and have them deal with the work. As opposed to filling out the form, enclose docs, include pre-paid postage etc. and hope everything checks out.

1 Like

Huge congratz on this. An easy thing might have required a lot of lucks. Thanks a lot for sharing your storyā€‹:love_you_gesture::raised_hands::trophy:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Every little bit of information helps. Such a minefield!

2 Likes

Do you know how often the biometric appointments are released? I hear that some were released in December 2022.

1 Like