Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)

I have no idea. Our lawyer has kept telling us since the pre-approval that we needed to wait for the invitation to do the booking. You are the first one to tell me that it’s available to all to book in 2021.

2 Likes

Is there a status update that one is able to see for completing the biometrics on the SEF website?

I am able to see a note called ‘Compareceu’ under the column ‘Situation’ against the biometrics date. Not sure if this is the field and also what the different statuses are.

Yes, ‘Compareceu’ reflects that you attended biometry. Nothing else is changed on the portal.

1 Like

Got it. So there is no separate updates if there are any documents pending etc - but I guess that is squared off with the lawyers at the time of the appointment itself?

Do the lawyers get any confirmation at the time of biometrics that all documentation is done?

1 Like

@PCERoman mentioned a letter of acceptance receipt acknowledging no outstanding documents due that was given at the end of the biometric appointment - Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3) - #1478 by PCERoman. I have not seen this mentioned by others.

Confirmed. I’ve got a paper “Proof of application receipt” for each applicant.

2 Likes

I wrote to my lawyer and she shared a document that she had collected from SEF at the end of the appointment. It has the details of each of us and acknowledges the completion of biometrics - but doesn’t make any mention of documentation being complete.

But I guess the same document will list pending documents if there were any - have asked my lawyers if that is true.

Anyone who received this document at the time of biometrics who can confirm this?

1 Like

It will not mention anything if all documentation is complete. You are good to go!

Thanks. That’s a good confirmation to have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I received the same ‘recibo’ at the end of my biometric appoitment.
There is no mention of any documentation, meaning they did not find anything missing at the time of the appointment.
SEF can still throw an exception and ask for more documents any time between now and the final approval/payment.

3 Likes

We had that happen to us. Biometrics was fine. Then a few months later, our lawyers said SEF wanted another document about the property. So we submitted that. At least I know it’s in their queue :grinning:

Hi @deepyarn, just wanted to follow up on your list. Why did you need to submit a birth certificate and not a passport? Our lawyers instructed us on submitting copies of passports.

1 Like

I certainly had to submit a copy of my passport. I had to submit my birth certificate because I am bringing my parents in on my GV application under family reunification. The birth certificate is to prove the relationship between may parents and me. Similarly, I had to submit a copy of my marriage license to prove that my wife and I are married since she is also coming in under my GV application.

1 Like

Super helpful! Thank you for the clarification, @deepyarn!

We also have Catarina Sardinha at Dixcart. Our pre-approval came in October 2022, 10 months after application submission. Like you we are awaiting biometrics.

1 Like

Good news, my residence cards were approved. I’ve now paid the cards fee and hope to have them soon.
. invested Jul '21
. pre-approval ~Nov '21
. trip to Portugal, biometrics, photos, etc. Aug '22
. confirmation of approval Mar '23, pay the fees, now wait
Hang in there - hope everyone gets through this.

12 Likes

Congratulations. Where was your biometrics done? Lisbon?

Coimbra. At that time, very easy to get an appointment, we were the only ones on that day. The lawyer said that not too many people apply there.

Congratulations We gave us biometrics there, let’s see how long it will take for our approval.

1 Like

Applied 21 Nov 2021
Pre- Approval 15 July 2022
Biometrics done 21 Mar in Lisbon (Principal applicant) and today; 23 March in Madeira (Family members)
Some paperwork remains to be submitted, which should get done in the next couple of weeks. Then the waiting starts again for the final approval. (Fingers crossed)

3 Likes