Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

Hey guys, thanks for keeping the database up-to-date as your approvals are rolling in!

I have two updates for you that you might find useful:

1. You can now use your Nomad Gate username as the “public ID” of your entry in the database.

I got some feedback that it was difficult to spot your own entries in the various database views (for example to compare your progress to those with a similar timeline).

So I created a randomly generated ID for each family, which you’ll find on your personal dashboard.

And today I made it possible to swap this random ID for your Nomad Gate username, with a single click:

2. A new biometrics to final approval timeline view

I’ve created a new biometrics to final approval timeline (grouped by biometrics location):

https://nomadgate.com/portugal/gv-timeline/timeline-biometrics-approval/

Note that it only show the people who already received approval, not those waiting. Airtable only lets me include people in the timeline that have both the relevant start and end dates set. There’s a way around it, but it would require a bit more work.

Once including those still waiting, I think it makes sense to filter out those who haven’t submitted an update in say a year (with the option of clicking a button to say that there are no new updates, resetting the counter). I’m still building out that functionality, but it should be ready soon enough.

Hope you like these minor updates, and if you have more suggestions, feel free to DM me or drop them in this thread.

3 Likes