Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

I think that going to the court is the most logical solution right now, unless you’re prepared to keep waiting :frowning:
I’ve had enough of this bs already, so court it is. Will let everyone know how things evolve. Currently the case is being filed.

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for sharing the information. Happy for you and your family that the long waits are over.

I do have a question that must’ve been asked and responded to many times in this and other forums. What’s the beginning date of your residency according to the card? The date of pre-approval, biometrics, approval or card issue date?

Thanks

Taufiq

Hi, Taufiq,

It’s the card issue date. I was approved and payment was requested on 17 Nov 21. I paid immediately and my card issue date is 23 November 21. That is the start of my residency.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Hi, Sanjay,

I don’t know if it’s the same or has changed since I applied in 2021. Then, there was a Government Fee of €533 and the card fee of €5325. That would need to be paid again each time a new residency card is issued (every two years). I’m not sure of the fee to get citizenship yet.

1 Like

Thanks, Linda.

Im going court route. Mine is a bit atypical situation. I didn’t do the biometrics when my application was preapproved in June 2019. Health issues and later, Covid 19 made it impossible to consider traveling to Portugal for some time. The current wait started in June last year when my lawyer asked the SEF to reschedule my biometrics. No matter how she tried, SEF wouldn’t budge. No positive response two lawyers later. So, I’m finalizing agreement with a lawyer to sue SEF. Still worried that even if the lawsuit is successful, the shift of SEF’s functions to another agency in May can start a new round of frustrations.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information

1 Like

Hi,

Could you share the email address where you ask for status updates? Is it a general SEF address, or would it better to check with the specific office, where you submitted your biometrics? For me, it was in Porto.

I was also wondering, if based on responses of previous applicants, following up with SEF, helps speed up the process in any way?

Thanks

Hi,

I was using this address: drlvta.arilx@sef.pt
I believe it is Lisbon office, so you should use the one for Porto. Even though they stopped replying to my emails about a month ago.
And I don’t think it actually speeds up anything…

1 Like

I’ve just checked with my lawyer, according to her, SEF still pre-approves & approves (final approval) GV applications after last week’s announcements…

10 Likes

Good news! Did your lawyer mention any approvals he saw personally?

3 Likes

Yes, for both.

6 Likes

Any Idea at the moment the biometrics of which month of 2022 has been approved.
Last I heard in this forum was May 2022.
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

We completed biometrics in July 2022 and still waiting…

1 Like

We had our visas approved in December, paid the fee, and still waiting for cards to reach our lawyers. We did biometrics in Azores.

2 Likes

Just an update:

My partner finally got his approval, after 10 months and 3 days from biometrics in Lisbon. He was told his residency card will be released within 20 days from payment of the fees.

9 Likes

Congratulations!

Great news! Updating the Lisbon table here:

7 Likes

You read my mind, I was going to PM you to send an updated sheet. Thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Chris,

My friend has finally gotten the notification to pay the fees after 13 months. The card is expected next week (3 weeks after the fees were paid).

Thank you for keeping this spreadsheet - very helpful.

3 Likes