Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

As of last week, according to my law firm, they were processing the Biometrics done in Lisbon for the month of July of 2022

4 Likes

Interesting. You were June, right? As were @drsteve and @mxuan1990 . I think @gbevan55 was April.
Then for July we have @dak @mmd @jswik @rogergan68 and @joseph.c.lapierre

It would be great to hear if any of these users have news

2 Likes

Nothing for me yet.

@drsteve

5 Likes

I was August!

1 Like

Ah, my apologies. I had you confused with @Vidor :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

No worries! Hope everyone, including @Vidor, get their cards sooner than later. Its been a long journey, and we can see some light at the end of the tunnel

1 Like

Just checked with my lawyer an hour ago and learnt that she enquired for my status update to SEF on 9 March and received following reply from SEF:

ā€œUnfortunately, due to a manifest lack of capacity of means, it is not possible to satisfy the requests formalized in this DRLVTA, in a faster way, as it would be desired.
We must also inform you that, at present and in respect of chronological order, this DRLVTA is examining cases formalised at the beginning of July 2022, so it is not possible to give a forecast of when the examination of the cases in question will be concluded.ā€

My appointment was on 14 July 2022 and no further update as of today.

4 Likes

Had my biometrics towards the end of June. Still no news.

1 Like

Thanks for updating.

Iā€™ll speculate hereā€¦ we know of people who had April 22 biometrics approved around end-Feb / early March. So right now, perhaps May 22 biometrics people are getting their approvals. When the lawyers say that SEF is ā€œprocessing July 22 casesā€, that may mean those cases are being sent up to the Regional Director now, but it probably still takes a while for sign-off. So June 22 biometrics people maybe still have a month to wait.

3 Likes

To add to that, I know for a fact that a friend of mine who had his bio during the last week of April in Lisbon in 2022, got his approval around a month back, paid up and is now awaiting his card. Itā€™s a bit like putting all the pieces together and solving a major mystery!

2 Likes

Nothing as of yet, but definitely anxious. We were hoping for it to go through in February after we got them done in August. Hopefully by May now.

3 Likes

Still nothing for me, but my lawyers have claimed SEF was working on Lisbon May 2022 biometrics back at the end of January, so itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess as to when June and July folks will start to get approved and requested for payment. More recently (last week) the lawyers said Lisbon biometrics were taking 8 months on average so based on that Iā€™m hoping it will be soon given that my appointment was just over 8 months ago.

2 Likes

no news for us. we were early July in Lisbon. Will let you know.

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 272 Days June 30, 2022 (Lisbon SEF Biometric appointment), I hope it happens soon, Iā€™ve been riding that 90/180 Schengen thing too long. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally received our visa cards. Did biometrics in Azores in November 2021, approval December 2022, cards received March 2023. Ridiculous, but what can you do?

BTW, donā€™t go to Azores for biometrics unless you really cannot get an appointment elsewhere.

7 Likes

I previously raised the question around processing time for Faro office.
There was someone else asking this - and I now have a data point.

I know from my lawyers that some applicants who made their renewal in August 22 received their approval in November, therefore I disregard te comment around Faro processing applications of Dec 21 - as someone mentioned that should be related to preapprovals in general.

I made my application in early Jan and Iā€™m advised that my application should be approved within ā€œanytimeā€ though no one can be 100% sure about what will happen, whenā€¦ Anyway Iā€™ll provide my data point once I have my application approved.

1 Like

My wife and I have biometrics in faro next week. Iā€™ll be sure to report back

3 Likes

You submitted an application in Jan 2022 when SEF wasnt accepting online applications? Do tell!!

3 Likes

I am not sure if you are trying to imply that what Iā€™ve written is wrong or you are just surprisedā€¦

Let me tell you that Iā€™ve done a in person renewal - and my appointment was secured way back in July 22 and Iā€™ve written about this few timesā€¦

Check my posts if you are interested in detailsā€¦

1 Like

Yeah I guess I donā€™t really understand what you are saying. At first it seemed like you applied for your GV in January 2022, but now youā€™re saying youā€™ve renewed in person? Was it the renewal application that you made in Jan 2022?