Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

Thank you for this data point! I’m hoping to hear something soon about our approval.

Yes, you’re right. 90-A is ARI. Post edited.

My lawyers finally received my first card! Timeline Update for those with Lisbon biometrics:

July 31, 2021 - Application submitted
March 4th, 2022 - Pre-approval received
June 24th, 2022 - Lawyers received email to book biometric
July 22nd, 2022 - Biometrics in Lisbon
May 26th, 2023 - SEF Request for new bank declaration
July 19th, 2023 - Final Approval & payment submitted
August 18th, 2023 - Issue Date of 1st card
September 12th, 2023 - Lawyers received card

It looks like SEF is taking about a month after payment to issue cards in Lisbon, so for those who are still waiting, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

10 Likes

Congrats, Jack! :tada: Now the clock is finally ticking… :hourglass_flowing_sand:

And thanks for updating the database! :pray:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tenant don’t pay rent. What can be done?

I received the final approval on July 17th, 2023, and paid the SEF fees on July 18th, 2023. However, despite these actions, I have yet to receive my card. My lawyer contacted SEF, and they informed her that the card has been issued but has not yet been sent.

My biometric appointment took place in Coimbra. is there anyway I can do to get the card faster as I really need it to be able to travel?

If you know how this final leg of the process works, there is nothing much can be done further if SEF (or rather SIISEF) has done their part and indeed replied to your lawyer.
What remains after that is ‘only’ INCM and CTT, who you cannot chase without knowing the SIISEF order number…

However, my estimation is that your card should arrive in 5-10 working days, based on the dates of your payment.

1 Like

You will get it soon, they are sending it in batches now for the cards printed in Q3… Just received mine on Monday and rest of the family cards were delivered yesterday… The online system still shows cancelled by SEF… lol

1 Like

I did my biometrics in Lisbon!

So silly question - where do you see your status for final approval?

I’m not sure if this is worth noting or not, but I did my biometrics in Lisbon exactly one year ago and today SEF asked for another Land Registry Certificate. In January 2023, they had asked me for an ARU certificate.

4 Likes

means your file is at the end of the processing stage before sending you DUC payment for the card issuance.

1 Like

That’s what I would have thought the document request from Jan 2023 would have meant as well.

1 Like

Main applicant DUC issued Jul 28, 2023.
Card issued Aug 17, 2023.
Family members DUC issued Sep 20, 2023.
Waiting for the cards now.

9 Likes

As did I !

2 Likes

Rob,
Please confirm the exact date of your biometrics in Lisbon. I thought that SEF in Lisbon is still processing applicants who had done biometrics in August 2022.
It will be good to know if they have started approving the applicants who had done their biometrics in September 2022.
Thanks

1 Like

As per my Lawyers they are still processing August 2022 applications. They are advising me to file a lawsuit to expediate my case (biometrics done in Jan 2023 - SEF Lisbon) but with no guaranteed results.

Couple of questions if I may?

• can you apply for “urgent consideration” - e.g. are you already in Portugal?
  • when do your lawyers think they could get a court date?
  • are you invested in real estate?
1 Like

Hi Chris,

1. I am not residing in Portugal.
  2. Last time when I asked them, they mentioned it could take 4 to 5 months.
  3. Yes, I have invested in real estate.

Thanks. My bio was Feb 2023 in Lisbon and I’ve pondered the same. I suppose the question is whether you think Lisbon has ground to a virtual halt, or whether they’ll get back to about 13 months turnaround. If the latter, then they probably approve you before you get a court ruling.

The other question is what you think happens to approvals of real estate ARIs. My suspicion has been that SEF/AIMA will suspend approvals and renewals for these until they get Regulations to tell them how to deal with the D2 conversion, and that might hold things up for months. But perhaps that would be resolved by the time you got a court ruling.