Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Congratulations and thanks for the update! Watching the dates progress is helpful for those following along.

I keep watching this thread to see if there has been progression. Unfortunately this has been one of the few ways to “track” what’s going on.

It should be easy for SEF to publish statistics on where they’re with pre-approvals based on application submission date but alas I’m sure it’s one of the last things on SEF’s mind. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If the sef wanted to farm out some webdev I’d be happy to assist them :slight_smile: in case anyone meets someone with some pull

1 Like

Get in line! I’ve already volunteered my services half a year ago! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I had spent half the time I spent here on this forum - I’m sure I could alleviate some of the “technical” problems that prevented SEF from processing applications. :joy::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s crazy what one even moderately competent developer could do for the SEF

4 Likes

Great news! Since my submission was a week later, I can anticipate hearing about pre-approval in another few months or so… :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Great news Noreis, congratulations. You’ve raised mt hopes now. My application was made on 22nd and the fees paid on 23rd Nov. I guess 23rd is what counts. Hopefully I should get mine soon too!

3 Likes

same here, mine was submitted on 29 November 2021, so i guess pre approval will be sometime mid August :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I am sure you will get it any day now, all the best and do keep us posted.

5 Likes

Just received pre-approval, timelines:

Application submitted (fees paid) : Nov 22nd 2021
Pre-approval: Jul 08 2022
Took ~7.5 months :smile:

FWIW, my lawyer shared the approval email with me, I did not receive anything from SEF on my personal email (although I do have an account @ arei.sef.pt and can track my application).

10 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Portugal’s golden visa losing its rank as top investment programme - The Portugal News

1 Like

Hi all. Curious if anyone else has had any progress lately?

1 Like

Haven’t seen any new approvals recently. I’m guessing there were a lot late Nov / early Dec. Hoping they’re sending out approvals in batches. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Don’t know what they’re doing. I applied on 23 Nov, but haven’t received the approval. Heard of 2 people who applied on the same day have got it 2 weeks back. Maybe they’re going in alphabetical order :grin:

2 Likes

I have been tracking the November applications based on application date and preapproval date for the members in this forum, below is the statistics:

November 2021 approvals have been going on since April 2022. I have not yet seen a single December approval yet.

3 Likes

I’m December 2nd I believe, possibly 3rd or 4th if they go by payment date

I’ll report in as soon as I’m approved, I check a few times daily

2 Likes

Can you send me this link?

I am 29 November 2021, and still waiting… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Believe I’m on the same boat, my submission date is Dec 3rd as well.

1 Like