Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Thanks for sharing. I suppose Q1 of 2023 might be all about this restructuring. I assume that may mean application processing coming to a stand-still. Lord, bless us all and give us patience.

2 Likes

Applied Dec. 13, 2021 (paid next day)
Spouse applied Dec. 16, 2021 (paid next day)
Both pre-approved Dec. 15, 2022

I attempted to submit this info for the spreadsheet โ€“ hopefully that was successful. I have appreciated seeing the updates by others, which kept me hopeful during the long wait.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. We applied a little bit before you. We have one pre-approval but are still waiting for the other.

Ohโ€ฆ Thatโ€™s not logical. Shouldโ€™ve been done by now

1 Like

None of SEFโ€™s deeds are logical๐Ÿ˜‚ as someone who wants to move out the home country, Iโ€™m going a bit crazy here

well, I am Dec.3, 2021 applicant, still
no pre-approval.

It seems to me that SEF is reviewing the applications in alphabetical order, rather than by submission or payment date. My last name starts with one of the last letters on the alphabet, so maybe that plays part.

1 Like

Happy Holidays to everyone except for SEF!!!

2 Likes

Did anybody get pre-approval this week?

1 Like

Nope - my last name starts w/ A - no action for me.

1 Like

The portal was closed from 31st Dec 2021 till 13 June 2022, as far as I know. The last approval shared here was for applications submitted by around 12 Dec 2021. So, now we wait and hope they clear off the Dec 21 last 18 days backlog asap in Jan 2023. And Move on to the June 2022 applicants.
Or maybe they sleep till all formalities for transfer to APMA gets concluded by March 2023.

well, I hoped that I was right in my theory and that at least others are getting pre-approved. good luck anyway, keep us posted!

4 Likes

The latest pre-approved application date reported so far is Dec 16th, 2021.

3 Likes

Mine was submitted on Dec 29, 2022

3 Likes

How big is the possibility for the December 2021 backlog to be cleared in January :joy: SEF just gave extension for all permits and visas

Boy, people who already have their visas got really lucky with this free extension. Think of all the paperwork and such they get to skip!

3 Likes

My application was submitted on Dec 2 2022, my lawyer told me to wait at least 6-8 months to hear back from SEF.

2 Likes

I called SEF back in July, and they told be the maximum wait is 6 months. They told me to email them to ask for for information and no one had ever responded.

1 Like

Golden visa investment up 42% - The Portugal News.

half into January already, any news from anyone?

1 Like

Applied with wife and child

Paid October '21
Pre-approval May '22
Biometrics Jan '23

Only I was invited for biometrics - still waiting on appointment for wife and child

1 Like