Be interviewed by a PhD student studying digital nomads

Hello NomadGate community!

My name is Melanie Prengler. I’m a passionate explorer and have traveled around Europe as a solo female traveler. My curiosity about the world and how people work has led me to pursue a PhD in Organizational Behavior at Texas A&M University. I’m in my third year of the program and have found that there is almost nothing in our academic literature about digital nomads - shocking to me, given the proliferation of the movement and its revolutionary relevance to how work is structured. I’m conducting qualitative research interviews 1-2 hours in length to understand more about the day-to-day lives, motivations, and pros and cons of this lifestyle.

I am not a marketer, but a researcher, and my desire to connect with the community is academic rather than financial. Interviewees’ identities would be kept completely confidential and would only be known to my and my co-authors, Dr. Anthony Klotz and Dr. Chad Murphy. This is a study that has been approved by the Institutional Review Boards at Texas A&M University and Oregon State University, an entity designed entirely to protect participants.

If you’re interested, please feel free to message me here.

Looking forward to hearing your stories!

Best, Melanie

2 Likes