ARI Holders (Stage 5)

Check again, it’s back to ‘Completed’ for me.

I suspect something crashed, they loaded it from Friday’s backup and replayed all the changes. Or something.

@minimaxr
Yes, they are back. Thanks

@minimaxr @Zach1
Still showing “concluído” here, unless it has changed earlier and I missed it

@IME:

Yeah, you missed but it wasn’t something good to see!!!

2 Likes

Mine is still ‘Application being processed’ since 10 days ago. Hope it moves too!

We stupidly did our biometrics in July and still no joy. Anyone know if we can redo as ‘automatic’? Our lawyer who is generally good says no.

Seems like the IT guys at SEF are playing tricks on us :rofl:

@minimaxr:

Mine is back to Aceite-Em instrucao! While it was showing completed yesterday.
Check yours, what’s your status now.

Same em instrução
 :see_no_evil:

@IME: my family status was in (eminstrucao) but now it says waiting for the payment!

@Zach1 yeah, looks like SEF cranked up the time machine again to go back to last Friday. “Aceite - Em instrucao” here too. No worries, we know what happens next :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First card from the online renewal process is out. Congratulations @sleuth_09dirk !
Golden Visa Online Renewal - #6 by sleuth_09dirk

(As you said @Onward it’s a 2-year card)

3 Likes

Excellent that its so fast though!
@minimaxr: you or your lawyers dont have the card yet? Or is it still going through the variations in status??

2 Likes

No card yet, @Onward. I have the same dates as sleuth_09dirk - application on 19/01, payment on 23/01.

The variation in application status continues, it is now back to ‘Concluído’ for the third time. I think the status volatility is not important, just SEF IT people doing IT things. The portal is under heavy load, as it opened up on 19th for everyone, not just ARI. On other forums, I’ve seen people with TRCs (work permit) who applied for renewal on 19th get their cards over the last couple of days. So keeping fingers crossed :neutral_face:

I agree. All the signs are that there have been instructions from above to get residence authorisations moving and reduce the jam. The system is being overloaded, but should soon stabilise. The Casa de Moeda will be working around the clock printing cards, and I assume that normal mail (often unreliable) or card pick up from SEF, is being advised.

Expired residence cards are valid in Portugal until 31 Dec 2023

SEF issues your new card based on your previous biometrics data

2 Likes

I had the same situation but I simply paid DUC generated on the renewal portal. My status is “Completed” now, so I guess everything is fine. The DUC on ARI portal is still unpaid

2 Likes

Card received 9 days after payment

4 Likes

Congratulations!
Question: Can you confirm that your card expires 2 years from the date of approval or payment this January 2023- irrespective of when your previous card expired? When was the expiry? Therefore, you (or spouse) now have a residence card that will be valid for several months after you achieve 5 years’ residency?
I believe that if you go the citizenship route, you will need a SEF “Certidão de contagem de tempo” as proof that you achieved 5 years’ residency. However, an important value of the extended card validity period is that it covers you for several months of the 1+ years it takes to apply for and achieve citizenship
!

4 Likes