Can we put any pressure on SEF for the biometric appointment delays?

Hi all, @jjmz and I have collaborated on a simple form/survey to collect this data in a structured manner. Please fill out the form here:

Results can be seen here:

Thanks

3 Likes

how to answer your question of the date of biometric appointment if someone is still waiting for invitation?

You leave it blank and resubmit it when you have a date. I’ll remove your previous responses

1 Like

Now I may be a jaded American, but surely you wouldn’t expect a response from him or even a secretary, would you?

2 Likes

I would be happy to join a class action lawsuit. I am willing to spend some extra money for nothing.

A few years ago GV also went to the court. See YouTube link in the thread.

1 Like

My suggestion is that unless you’ve been waiting close to 2 years as many here have… just chill out. Things move slowly. Likely not going to change because of any agitating .

This article just broke this morning on a real estate website. It’s not flattering: Vistos gold 2022: ARI paradas no SEF — idealista/news

3 Likes

The Portugal GV is almost a scam. How about we stage a global peotest?Hopefully some media might be interested.

2 Likes

Average person:

“Those rich people can’t get the visas they paid for in a timely fashion. Boo hoo.”

2 Likes

Yeah the attitude here are hilariously out of touch

Don’t invest if you don’t want to gamble.

2 Likes

No we should not emphasize us being rich people. We are not. Truly rich people do not share our problems. We are people who wasted our life saving because the republic of Portugal cheated us!It is a shame of the Portugal government, not us.

2 Likes

Are u one of us or one of the lawyers?Hello, I was never told it was a gamble. It is supposed to be a govt procedure of six years. If my investment loses money I will not complain. But now it is the govt that broke its promise.

3 Likes

“rich people” getting scammed by the portuguese gov… sounds like a pretty interesting read to me!! :joy:

3 Likes

It is naive to not expect that it is also a risk with the government. Or it means that you have not done enough research on PT golden visa. SEF extinction was in the news for a long time. News about delays of GV pre approvals and issuance has also been in the news since mid 2021.

3 Likes

Application May 2021
Prelim approval Oct 2021
Since then, nothing.

Already in Portugal, but within 10 days of exceeding the 90 day tourist limit.

Can stay in Portugal but:
Will not be able to travel to other countries;
Can’t bring my personal property duty free,
Can’t get a Portuguese drivers license
Can’t register for the health service
5 year clock will not start ticking for an undefined period of time
Etc, etc, etc

Living in limbo.

Is anyone transitioning out of the GV to a D7? I am getting correspondence from people getting their visas approved quickly.

1 Like

Apparently according to an article in Idealista there have been no new appointments since the first of the year for the GV or GV renewals, while D7s keep getting issued relatively quickly.

1 Like

Yes! I would.

1 Like

Yup! People have already started switching here’s the thread:

2 Likes

Yet another negative article about Portugal. The hits just keep on coming.