Introduce yourself! šŸ‘‹

Hi, Iā€™m Manu, I officially live in Montreal, Canada, a wonderful city but I spend a lot of time abroad, there is so much to see and experience ! I m Preparing my TEFL certification to teach English as a foreign language while still travelling. I ve been travelling for the past 20 years either by sailboat, plane, train and van. I especially enjoyed Australia, Mexico and Iceland even if language there was a bummer.
I am also a sailor and sailed across the Atlantic, I have a special attraction with the ocean, the sea, waterā€¦
Currently reading Masaru Emoto, ā€œThe true power of waterā€
Thanks Thomas for sharing all your work and creating this community.
To the community, all the best with our projects, sharing and helping each other on the way!
Cheers.

1 Like

Hello, I am Max. American :us:, originally from Poland ā€‹:poland: I am IT freelancer, focused on business intelligence, with global exposure. Nice meeting you all.

1 Like

Hi everyone, nice to meet you all.
I have been a nomad all my life starting in :netherlands:, across :eu: and Americas and APJ. I worked in more then 30 countries and 3 continents in corporate IT. I speak few languages and have multiple nationalities. I am a pilot in my free time besides being a computer geek and a languages freak.
I am finding myself at a point in my life where I got to move again. I :heart: this site and thought to become part of the community. I am looking forward to connect with those who had to deal in :us: and in :eu: with the logistics from taxes to currency to health. Carpe Diem!

3 Likes

Hi all

Iā€™m Graham, living near Birmingham (Longbridge - where they used to build British cars :smirk:).

Mental health professional, with a keenness on Fintech, principally mobile banking and all things related.

On the road most of the week - sometimes in hospitals and others in hotels :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

Keen to see whatā€™s happening hereā€¦

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Niels, originally from :netherlands:. I work in software development, mostly as a technical writer these days although I still have a development side hustle. Strictly speaking, Iā€™m not really a nomad but I work remotely from :canada: for a :us::netherlands: company and occasionally do extended ā€œworkationsā€, most recently in :new_zealand:. I also try to take time off work as much as possible to enjoy :earth_africa::mountain_snow::tent::mountain_biking_man:
The information on Nomad Gate has been extremely useful so far and I look forward to contributing. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Everybody!

Itā€™s great to be part of this community and look forward to participating actively wherever I can be of help.:raising_hand_man:

Iā€™m currently working in the Middle East but Iā€™m thinking of moving to Malta and cutting ties with employers to live a freer life as an international contractor for some months in the year, travelling the rest. :wink: I hope I can profit from the experience of other nomads here to find the right way to get this done efficiently.

Iā€™ve been an expat for the last 25 years, having worked and lived in 9 countries. Kinda nomad already, isnā€™t itā€¦ :earth_africa::earth_americas:

As a result I think, I love to enjoy diversity and to adapt to the ā€œenvironmentā€. So, difficult to pinpoint clear preferences. I like the sandy beaches of Northeast Brazil as much as I liked visiting Tokyo! Why be limited? Every place has something great to offer, although some places require you to look really harder (Riyadh in Saudi Arabia comes to mindā€¦ :sweat_smile:). Sports is an important part of my life, as is nice chats with friends around food, music and drinks! :joy:

Thanks for the people behind the Nomad Gate! Itā€™s a great resource. Your hard work is certainly most appreciated.

4 Likes

Hi Guys and Girls!

Iā€™m a filmmaker and a crypto enthusiast,mostly shooting advertisement.
Wherever the jobs happen.
So I travel a lot.Love this community,full of great ideas.

1 Like

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Lina, a half :de: half :cn: currently living and working in :jp:

I work for an online advertisement agency in Tokyo and just had a taste of working remotely for half a month, needless to say it was great :wink: Iā€™m not a nomad yet but my goal is to become location independent by the end of next year so I can work and travel at the same time :airplane: :earth_asia:

Not sure if I can make any useful contributions to the community since Iā€™m just learning about how to live a nomad life, but the info here has been really helpful so hopefully Iā€™ll be able to help someone else as well :blush:

2 Likes

Hello my name is Emory Cardozo :brazil:, a Brazilian living in Brazil, but wanting to learn about the techniques used by digital nomads, capital protection, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Likes

Hey there, I hope you like Belgrade, my hometown :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi My name is Criss. I work remotely from Toledo, Spain. I love to travel, and I run an online mindfulness and meditation learning platform - www.almayespiritu.com
I was born in Venezuela, raised in the US, and now living in Spain. I love going to the beach, meditating, walking, reading, and listening to podcasts!
Im now reading Don Quixote by Cervantes (Trying to get in touch with the area I live now)
The podcasts that I have recently heard: Armchair Expert and Connan needs a friend
Any recommendations are welcome!

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:t5:
My name is Jacqueline and I stumbled upon this website when looking for online banking solutions. I currently work as an eye care professional and an online English teacher but my passion is traveling. I started my travel blog in January naturallyjacqueline.com feel free to check it out and leave me comments :smiling_face:
My favorite travel destinations have been: Croatia, Ukraine, Kenya and Egypt :beach_umbrella:
Iā€™m happy to be part of the community :blush:

1 Like

I am enjoying it very much. A lot of nice people and plenty of outside seating for coffee or beers. It is certainly a gem that many people donā€™t know about. I highly recommend it as a nomad stay for 1 to 2 months, especially in the summer.

2 Likes

Hey there fellow pilot. Keep the dirty side down.

Hi all :blush:
My name is Josselin. I was born in France :fr:, but since getting a taste of life a broad, I think itā€™s unlikely Iā€™ll ever move back there :joy: In the last 10 years, Iā€™ve lived in:

• Singapore :singapore:,
  • the Netherlands :netherlands:,
  • Denmark :denmark:,
  • Spain :es:
    and I found it so enriching to discover new cultures, food & people that Iā€™m committed to discovering many more!

In the meantime, I married my wonderful wife & after switching from Physics to mobile development, we are about to register our 1st company in Estonia. We stumbled upon this community while looking for info about it & decided it would be great to join!

Things that make me tick:

• Beautiful UI-UX :art:
  • Bossa nova :brazil:
  • Asian food :ramen:
  • ä¹¦ę³• :red_gift_envelope:
  • VR :national_park:

A book I really enjoyed recently:

1 Like

Hi everybody,
My name is Andreas. Iā€™m a 50 years old fella who was born in Brazil and hold a dual citizenship (:brazil:and :it:). I am married and have two wonderful kids :family_man_woman_girl_boy: Weā€™ve lived in :uk: UK and :jp: Japan. Now we are living in Brazil but next month we are moving to :portugal: Portugal. I am sure I will enjoy this group with so many nomads and bright nice people. See you around!
Andreas

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am from the US and am planning on moving to Peru with my fiance.

I started selling on amazon and am hoping to grow the business and be financially stable one day. Shout out to my fellow fba sellers!

My plans were to go to med school but I will have to see how feasible that is once I move. Hopefully I can pick up Spanish easily, let me know if you guys have any suggestions. I signed up for a course on udemy and it seems to be helping.

I admire all of you nomads and wish to one day travel the world as well. Best of luck!

Marie

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Itā€™s a pleasure to be here. Iā€™m Nigerian :nigeria: currently living in Abuja. Spent almost 10 years living in Europe, studying and working.

I day trade and I am playing with the idea of relocating to somewhere with a more favorable time zone.

Looking at locations for favorable banking, second residence, tax reduction among other things led me to discover this community.

Hope to learn and share as we all grow with our chosen pathsā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi all, me on way Hiiumaa to Tallinn in rented 9 seater van, after 4 nights with cousin and family over there in Utu area. My visit to Estonia made with wife, 3 grown kids and 2 partners of these.

Since a year back live in TrollhƤttan, Sweden, after some +30 years in the South Seas.

To get better idea who am I then await next post in a day or so.

1 Like

MABUHAY Nomads! :wave:

Iā€™m Vince from the :philippines:! I am a new remote worker (since 2014) although I have been doing Technology Inside Sales since 2004. Recently, I have secured my Management Consulting certification and have been promoting/advocating :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: remote work to my clients.

I am looking to becoming fully location-independent within the next 5 years. How? I honestly donā€™t know the exact plan yet. And I think that is why I joined this community - to find some hints on how I might do it.

In terms of what I do, I am a sales and marketing management consultant advising owners, business leaders and revenue shepherds of Midmarket B2B Software Companies ($10M to $1B Annual Revenue) who want to achieve between 10%-50% YoY growth :nerd_face:. I do this by creating and growing
:man_farmer: remote sales and support teams. I work with business leaders who are struggling and frustrated with unpredictable revenue results. By immersing as an individual contributor cum team leader, I am able to position the best people and processes needed. I further help source, hire, train, develop, and unfortunately, sometimes fire resources :sob: in order to sustain consistent growth.

Would love to go to Ecuador :ecuador: (I saw Nas Daily on FB and it sparked my interest) and confirm ā€œhappeningsā€ in there.

For now, I am okay with working remotely (from home, cafe, different hotels) in my country. Actually, I would love to work remotely while traveling to different attractions here. Then, when I am done, Iā€™d explore South America and Europe.

Some of the sales resources I highly recommend would be ā€œThe Sales Acceleration Formulaā€ by Mark Roberge and watch the Youtube channel ā€œThe Salesman Podcastā€.

If you need any high-level revenue generation advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Looking forward to sharing :man_teacher: and learning :man_student: some more in Nomad Gate!

Cheers! :wave:

2 Likes