Introduce yourself! 👋

Hi all, my name is Chiko!

I am a software engineer currently residing in Johannesburg, but I travel quite a bit when time allows. I’m into, well, programming and motorcycles :slight_smile: I have been a remote worker for a good 4/5 years now and i am constantly seeking ways to get better at my craft.

I listen to the Bugle, and The Last Post, The fight with teddy atlas (big boxing fan!!), Happy Place, Stanford eCorner).

I am currently intrigued by eresidency (estonia) for purposes of dealing in index funds primarily.

Hoping to gain and share knowledge with others here :slight_smile:

HI Douglas, I have the same question regarding Coimbra. Did you ever get an answer? :slightly_smiling_face:
Best,
Tien

Hi,
I’m Steph, mum and artist, UK based, looking to relocate to Europe before Brexit snares me, haven’t managed it yet, any advice as to how to become a long term renter in Portugal would be gratefully received. I need a cheap long term house with garden.

1 Like

I’m excited about the tax advantages in Portugal and Europe for crypto currency traders.

Currently in New Westminster, British Columbia and having a hard time giving up the local track, selling my van, and packing life.

Hi all. I found Nomadgate randomly today.

I’m a digital nomad, been travelling for 2+ years so far. And I’m really passionate about this topic and creating useful products for people like us.

1 Like

Hello! I - Willy Madsen, retired leader of adult education, 86 years old, from Denmark - am new here. In november I go to Coimbra (I love that City) in Portugal to rent a flat (open-endet, long time). I tried to find an english-speaking pennfriend in Coimbra, but pennfriend has turned into sex-dating. I know how to get at tax-number and a bank-account, but by netsurfing finding a real live human real estate agent in a shop is difficult, because everything now is virtuel, or in Lissabon.

Hi Tien
Yes, I got an answer. Coimbra and Braga are not likely to be affected by the pending legislation to close Lisbon and Porto to the GV. However, they will not be considered undeveloped areas, so they will not be eligible for the less expensive 350k euro real estate option.
]

1 Like

Hi, I am Steven and live in California, a US born citizen but also 100% Italian and speak both languages. I am recently retired after having lived and traveled the world in my career. I have lived in both Asia and Europe for short periods of time in my work. Having traveled during the golden age of flying with stress free check-in and airport screening, I no longer enjoy flying but still enjoy exploring other lands and cultures. I especially enjoy train travel and prefer that to flying. Bullet trains in many countries make this a convenient way to explore. Now that I have time to smell the roses, I am considering relocating to Europe and maybe even riding the Orient Express in addition to all of the other types of convenient train travel throughout the Continent. There is so much to see and do and this forum appears to be great for discussion. Thanks.

Thanks much!
I wish there was a more clear site (graphic map would be great) that tells you what part of the country is eligible for GV at 350K euro and what is not. I was looking in the Zona ARU (Urban Rehabilitation Area) of Campanhã in Porto and Alhandra and I can’t tell if that means it’s eligible. Of course, I’m just starting to consider and haven’t connected with a GV lawyer yet. I’m sure it will be come clear when I get one.

1 Like

Hi all. I am Gavin, I am South African and have lived in the US and the UK and am currently in the process of relocating to Portugal.

I mainly work with renewable energy projects (solar PV and the like) but have some involvement with venture capital startups as well, with a focus on taking their operations international.

My favorite places, in no particular order, are: Lisbon, Barcelona, Cape Town.

My favorite books are probably West with the Night by Beryl West and the Deneys Reitz Commando trilogy - all biographies by African authors that are pretty much unknown outside Africa, despite Hemingway saying that he wished he could write as well as Beryl West.

I am looking forward to being part of the community!.

Hello,

My name is John, I am an American looking to move to Portugal. I recently discovered woodworking, my current project is building a TARDIS. My ultimate goal is to build a grandmother clock.

Ive been to many counties in the EU and look back fondly at my time in the Azores. I am hoping to find someone who has gone through Golden Visa program and pick your brains a bit.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi, I’m Jake. I’m about to start an Msc in computer science, hopefully being able to study remotely this upcoming semester remotely. I’m looking to live in Eastern Europe for a few months, with my eyes on Georgia (if they end up opening their borders). After I finish my degree, I hope to work fully remotely, either as a full digital nomad or as an expat in a low cost of living country.

hello guys
my name is okoebor macaulay thomas
i am from Nigeria
currently i work with opiahio farms as the Lead head
i had my first degree in agricultural ecomonics nad farm mgt
i equally run a travel agency
am a bitcoin lover i have a trading platform which grow your bitoin
my dream is to find a country i can live and setup a farm biz

1 Like

Hi, guys. I’m Luciano and I live in Brazil. I work as a writer and freelancer redator, and have one book published (the second is coming soon). I love travellling and my dream is to become a digital nomad and live in London, Estonia and Portugal.

My main skills are personal finances, investments and cryptocurrencies, specially Bitcoin. And my hobbies are writing (and also my job), playing poker and go to te beach. Oh, and heavy metal shows.

So, if I can help everybody with these subjects, I would be cheerful. You can see my texts here: Luciano Neves Ferreira da Rocha - Paraíba, Brasil | about.me

1 Like

Would love to chat. We may be in a similar boat.

Hi Nomads! New to the site. I am an American looking into alternative living locations for a variety of reasons. We have loved Portugal and are exploring the GV option there with a possible full time move there in the years ahead. Still 10+ years from full retirement and want to include our teenage children eventually in citizenship.

1 Like

Hi Nomad Community!
I’m Jahan, a seasoned software developer(15+ years of experience including intl exp) wearing many hats from Founder/Entrepreneur to COO, CTO, Team Lead, Software Developer and sometimes Product guy.
I recently built a distributed team of talented engineers to build product end to end, and now we’re desperately searching for an economically viable place to incorporate a business to have a legal entity for our operations.
We find our clients mostly through network and Upwork and has been successful during the past 8 months that we’ve started this venture, this is my second try to build a remote career, first time during 2011-2013 I was individually succeeded at building a client base, but working solely was tiresome, so this time I built a team/community.

Hope I can learn valuable stuff here and can contribute back to this awesome community!

Cheers,
Jahan

2 Likes

Good day everyone my name is Johnson an entrepreneur a writer, motivational speaker.

Hello All
I am Sandeep Mehta, I have been living tax free life for over two decades. I had UK, Canada & India High tax Residency but i gave up for living a tax free life. Believe me if i had lived in my youth at any of such places, i would have paid over 40% of my networth in taxes. Today i have property in global countries, bank accounts and companies world wide but usually use my Offshore company to do business with very low tax jurisdiction in use. I have helped over a hundred people in financial planning. Presently i live in United Arab Emirates in a luxury condo and use planned nomad living . My family moves with me to Europe , Swiss and USA as visitors.
Nice to be here.

1 Like

Hi Sara
Good luck for your plan to move to Europe.
its better to travel to portugal, stay for a month and then choose your plan to do a permanent migration.
Sandeep from dubai