Is it Lawsuit time? (Processing times)

This was meant for mborchering

I think the significant difference between D7 and GV, from the perspective of Portuguese government, is that the sooner a D7 is approved, the sooner this person could come to Portugal to start spending money. While for GV, at the time of application submission, a property / an investment has been bought. There is not much more monetary simulations for the government to process it fast anymore. They’ve got what they want and could delay as long as possible.

1 Like

If I were you, I’d file again but with a strategic reason to persuade the judge. For example, I DO have an inevitable desire & need to come to Portugal for staying for long term with an explanation. This might not be the real case but once again, it is a strategy. You have to make them believe your case is urgent enough for them to rule in your favour. Basically this is how things work in Portugal.

could you pls share your lawyer ? ,thanks , we also gonna lawsuit

Edge International

thanks a lot

And yet many people who could not apply for the D7 during Covid applied for the GV believing it to be a faster alternative (even though it did not in fact turn out faster.) Just the opposite. Many of us already live in Portugal and have done for more than 2 years. If living in Portugal were the determining factor in how quickly to process the visa, they could prioritize GV applicants who are already living in the country. I see no sign that living in Portugal is at all a determining factor in how quickly they process the paperwork.

1 Like

please see my message in your mailbox.

It is if you are filing a court case against AIMA. Contacting AIMA outside of legal channels will not yield any acceleration of your process.

2 Likes

Thank you John Goodman. I will certainly consider it.

Any body who seriously considers Edge please send me a private message to get my personal review of Edge.

1 Like

Interesting. I got a great result from Edge! Sounds like maybe you did not.

There is an article in Portugal News today that there are 3200 pending cases in the administrative courts relating to permit processing, about twice as many as last month. So another system brought to its knees.

1 Like

That’s why Aima has to open up the automatic renewal which should have been done years ago. When pending cases calm down, bloody Aima will cut off the automatic renewal as they always do.

well, it’s a new revenue stream for legal firms whose existing revenue streams are impacted by the lack of renewals, and there are a lot of lawyers who have offices and staff to pay for after all.

Makes sense why the AIMA tried to tap into this pool of lawyers to help process the applications. However, it seems like there hasn’t been much progress on that front yet.

I do believe that if a simple - process one case get €50-100 - structure was set up with lawyers being able to claim and process the more cumbersome parts, the entire pile would go down really fast.

the AIMA did have the same idea and are working on it, but like everything they do, the execution of this has been painfully slow.

My guess is AIMA’s systems are so broken, outsourcing GV analysis/vetting is blocked by the same problems that internal AIMA staff are facing.

To outsource cases, AIMA’s systems would also have to:

• Track which applications have been farmed-out (probably totally new functionality), and their status
  • Allow external contractors to search the same government databases for background checks, etc. (I believe internal staff are having great trouble with these DBs post-SEF)
  • Provide a means for external contractors to feed back analysis results to AIMA (probably more new functionality)
  • …all this in a secure, audited manner we hope. Not just emailing your and my private personal/financial data around over the public internet
3 Likes

Given that even the bank didn’t have a secure portal for transmitting our account documents with all our most sensitive personally identifying info (I had to create my own system and ask them to follow it), I think you’ve identified a very serious risk, @PTbound….

Has anyone on the forum here

a) won a lawsuit about wait times, and

b) actually had their Golden Visa issued shortly thereafter as a result?

Or are we all just hoping that it might help? (no disrespect intended just deciding if its worth the cost to me and and any info helps!)

Yes, on both counts.
Have a look at earlier posts.
I filed my case in December, won, had Biometrics soon afterwards (February), approved in April, card arrived in May.

5 Likes