Portugal Golden Visa - The New Law of 2023

President foresees “difficulties” in SEF replacement - The Portugal News

2 Likes

SEF complaints up 363% - The Portugal News

1 Like

SEF is absolutely a disgrace

3 Likes

Curious that these strikes always seem to line up with biometrics appointment windows.

1 Like

I wonder what percentage of those are coming from NomadGate readers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would the APMMA even be any better?

Given that it’s mostly SEF staff being reallocated there, with the agency having even more responsibilities, is there any reason to believe they’ll be more efficient? or is this just a rebranding of the SEF with a broader mandate?

1 Like

Maybe they’ll have management that is less useless?

I think I read an article that parts of SEF were pretty much shut down long ago in anticipation of this new agency. Perhaps whatever ARI will be called after The Great Reckoning will receive more APMMA agents to process apps…

(AND i bet we will all win the lottery)

1 Like

SEF to be wound down in October - The Portugal News

2 Likes

Update on IAS website
https://iaservices.pt/en/news-insights/2023/05/22/public-discussion-recent-news

2 Likes

Understanding Portugal’s “Mais Habitação” Program - The Portugal News

3 Likes

End of golden visas leads to €4.8 billion hit - The Portugal News

One of the main committees considering the government’s Housing Law will be meeting on Wednesday at 2pm to hear from PAIIR, the association of immigration lawyers and related professionals founded a couple of years ago by Sara Sousa Rebolo and Vanessa Rodrigues Lima. Likely to involve discussion on the proposed changes to the ARI.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-29 at 08.52.08

8 Likes

Be careful, this lawyer, Maddalena Monteiro, is not responsible from my experience, as she ignored my contact by any method (phone call, email, whatsapp) for almost 1 year, and finally disappeared even without saying good-bye.

4 Likes

Interestingly, we recently used Madalena and she was absolutely amazing for us. We found a property on our own (remotely) and she went above and beyond for us. We closed a couple weeks ago and literally just sent payment for the GV application today. Her response time was great and she clearly knows what she’s doing. That stinks you had a bad experience. I’m sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

@kay.singapore, @hunter0008
I guess you are talking about same Madalena Monteiro, but in different firms.

1 Like

The quality of lawyer service could decline quickly after you make the full payment. At some point of time, we may have to hire a Portuguese lawyer to sue another Portuguese lawyer. It is certainly not an easy job. Some of us don’t even have access to the SEF portal. We entirely depend on our lawyer.

3 Likes

Nothing but good things to say about Madalena. Both on the GV and Real Estate front. Dedicated, tenacious, good communications.

3 Likes

Livestream of PAIIR et al in the parliamentary committee:

2 Likes

Apparently at the committee hearing, Jorge Mendes (PSD) said amendments to the legislation are being taken by 16th June, and final approval due by the end of July

7 Likes