Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

Regarding country of birth, my trailing spouse was naturalised British about eight years ago and we both applied for the GVs as British Citizens accompanied by British ACRO police certificates.

He was born in Brazil and also needed a Brazilian police certificate for the GV application. Portuguese lawyers can generate these very easily on line (in Portuguese) so this was the least problematic piece of documentation. However, the point is that your passport will show your place of birth and in our experience you will also need a police certificate (legalised and translated) from there even if you haven’t lived there much.

1 Like

Very interesting. Thanks, will make sure to discuss this with our lawyers. Best of luck to you and your husband on your GV journey!

1 Like

I read this in many other newspaper articles as well, hence the worry.

2 Likes

I get this, but what about the part where they seem to be changing the rules for those who either have the golden Visa or are in the process?

1 Like

I have just gotten news that my residency has been approved and I should be receiving the actual residency card within the next couple of weeks…so it’s taken 4 months and 2 weeks. What a relief!

10 Likes

Hi @mayaroiz did you do your biometrics at SEF Portimao?

1 Like

Yes, they reported they did biometrics in portimao above

5 Likes

Ah, ok. That’s great news @mayaroiz It really is a relief to finally be able to start your 5 year clock. Congrats on a great milestone! So far SEF Portimao sounds promising as a location for relatively speedy processing times post-biometrics!

Thanks and good luck to everyone else who is waiting for approval!

2 Likes

Wanted to add our approval, which came yesterday, to what seems like a long list of recent approvals. We are a family of 3.

Full timeline as follows:

Investment:July 2021
Pre-Approval: September 2021
Biometrics: August 2022
Final Submission: September 2022 (we had to re-issue our CNCCs in Hong Kong)
Final Approval: March 2023

So 6 months from final submission to approval, and 18 months from pre-approval to final approval.

Good luck to everyone else!

8 Likes

One more data point: we did the biometrics in Guarda.

1 Like

July-Sept of the same year for pre-approval. You old timers had it so good!!

Congrats!

2 Likes

Hi @tsiksssooo @jameshkchan @wintercress @gbevan55 - any update on your cases?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, thanks for checking in. The last was that I wrote to our lawyers about 3 weeks ago requesting that they start preparing court papers on my behalf. To which (after about 1 week delay) they told me that they’ve just received approvals for their clients who submitted biometrics in early February 2022 - that is, right before us (we submitted in late Feb.). So they suggested that we give it another week or so. So now this time’s up and still nothing. I wrote again yesterday to follow up - let’s see what they say. I am pretty hopeless and I am also not very sure how good the lawyers are if I go to court, they’ve not been super-responsive all along and it’s clear they are not keen on taking on the court route. We’re nearing 2 years and 1 month after pre-approval.

2 Likes

So far nothing. Today marks a month since my lawyers filed a case to the court. Accourding to what they say, it usually takes 2-3 months for the court to analyze the case, get in touch and get a response from SEF.

3 Likes

haha, yes indeed…thanks!

Inspired by Chris’ data listing data on waiting time to receive a Residence Card after biometrics, and using his Lisbon data plus data from non-Lisbon biometric data shared by others (below) – I analysed waiting times (in number of months calculated from days between Biometric date and card receipt date).
Something to take your minds off the recent politics of GV and helpful for all with recent biometrics. :slightly_smiling_face: Received=1 for card in hand. Received=0 if card not yet received as of last update. I hope I have the data and dates (in EU format) correct - but please post if not, so that data are revised. Information available as of 16th March 2023. Data sorted by location.

Data Bio to Card Not Lisbon 2023-03-22

The next 2 tables below are waiting times for cards (i)for those who received a card and have the full set of data, ie reported on dates and location of biometrics/card receipt. Data analysed by biometrics location and by the timing of the biometrics (Quarter of the year); (ii) for those will biometric data and location, without a card, and for them, time is defined as the time waiting for a card from biometrics until their last update here (equivalent to Chris’ colour coded information).
The first table -those with a card - includes the data Chris already posted for Lisbon as well for other biometric locations (listed above).
A total of 32 persons who RECEIVED a residency card, with their average wait for the card after Biometrics, by location of biometrics:

For the 20 individuals who have NOT received their card (1 in Azores, 2 in Coimbra, 3 in Porto and 14 in Lisbon (6 in 3Q2022) the average times they have been waiting for a card are below.

I can update the tables (a simple pivot table in Excel) from time to time.

14 Likes

Fantastic work, thank you

1 Like

Thank you, @Onward. This is great!

How do I update the sheet ? I need to add my biometric info