Update:

Biometrics: Lisbon, Oct 5th, 2021
Final approval: April 4th, 2022

Card received at attorney’s office: April 20th, 2022
Card in hand: April 26, 2022.

14 Likes

Congrats :+1: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Congrats, which option of investment did you do?

3 Likes

Investment fund.

1 Like

congrats!!

2 Likes

hi which fund

1 Like

Iberis Capital.

1 Like

My spouse and I had our biometric appointment in Faro on 9 March 2022. We received our “Notificação para Pagamento Taxas Emissão ARI” email from SEF on 29 April 2022 (forwarded from our PT lawyer).

Here is a recap of our timeline. I’ll post again when we receive our cards.

December 2020 - ARI applications submitted
March 2021 - pre approval received
late December 2021 - notified through attorney of SEF appointment slot in March 2022
9 March 2022 - biometric appointment completed (Faro), documents accepted
29 April 2022 - final approval and instruction to pay fee by wire transfer

4 Likes

Congrats very fast lucky you

2 Likes

Thank you, and yes, the final approval email came faster than I was expecting based on others’ comments. Now we’ll see how long it takes to have the cards issued.

2 Likes

Very quick indeed. I had my appointment on 4th March in Coimbra. My lawyers have told me I shouldnt expect anything before 3 months ATLEAST.

1 Like

Expect 3-6 months.

1 Like

Coimbra office take 4 to 6 month . I am waiting to

1 Like

Lisbon office to take 5 to 7 months. I to wait.

Nov 2020 - ARI application submitted
Feb 2021 - Pre approval received
end Aug 2021 - SEF Biometric appointment in Coimbra
end Sep 2021 - SEF Biometric appointment in Lisbon for my spouse
Mid March 2022 - Provided updated background check to SEF Coimbra
Lawyer updated case review in SEF Coimbra concluded on 25 March 2022 and sent to SEF Lisbon on 11 Apr 2022, was told by Lawyer the final approval needed SEF National Director’s signature.
2 May 2022 - received news from lawyer - SEF National Director resigned…So, the wait goes on. It’s been 18 months now from initial application submission.

My question: Is the SEF National Director the only person who can sign off the approval? How about his deputy or other directors?

4 Likes

Others are better placed to comment on who signed off approvals on their application, and whether in all cases it was the SEF National Director.

Yes, the previous SEF national director resigned (end March 2022), but a new national director was appointed April 8 2022: https://eco.sapo.pt/2022/04/08/fernando-pinheiro-da-silva-e-o-novo-diretor-do-sef/. So, there is no SEF national director missing somewhere or yet to be appointed…

8 Likes

Our Lisbon attorney received our temporary residency cards today, 17 May 2022.

Still a little bit in shock that this has finally happened. 17 months from initial application to card issuance.

10 Likes

That is the faster time from biometrics to card I have heard of. Perhaps Faro is the most efficient office.

2 Likes

Hi all, we’ve started a form to collect all key dates, including biometrics date and location to resident card received date, in a structured manner. Please enter your key dates here:

You can view results here: Portugal Golden Visa Application Timeline Database - Google Spreadsheets

Thanks!

1 Like