NHR delay in eBalcão

My wife lived for 6 months in Portugal 28 years ago and had a social security number
Her RNH application is stuck in e Balcão with mention deferido ( proyecto de decisao) since September 2022
We already translated and submitted china residence permit since 2013 to relevant site and delivered originals .we also submitted many other supporting documents in English and Spanish

Limit is end March
Any ideas on how to push

If you are referring to NHR, then i’d suggest getting an in-person appointment at your ‘local’ AT office. At least this is possible with AT as opposed to SEF…

Thank you
I tried but to no avail
They are on 6th floor of AV Joao XXI, Lisboa

And AT office downstairs simply tell me to send in the documents and wait

I saw another web post where they had not bothered to change the remark Indeferido but had actually give RNH ( NHR) status

Wait, there must a way to book an official appointment with AT for you, surely?
I recently booked it with Seguranca Social on the phone at quite short notice, I imagine there is a similar process for AT?
I am a bit spoiled as I just turn up at my local AT office when I need them and they talk to me, but this is a very ‘remote’ location nowhere near Lisbon :sunglasses:

just to carry on with this topic, and of course thank those who tried to support, we finally got an appointment thursday with FINANCAS as I happended to get a friendly employee in Alges, who agreed that they will consoder backdating the change of address based on evidence, hopefully that will remove the blockage , I will update , but I was rather bitter that nobody told us that we could do this in AT and gave no reply only that the case was on hold .

1 Like

Unfortunately even after wasting a lot of time to do backdating of address changes, my wife’s e Balcão still shows > RNH >
Indeferido (Projeto de Decisão) and we were just told to wait after asking again in query section of e Balcão. We hear from a friend in Facebook group of a similar situation where she had to hire a lawyer to resolve the situation, seems incredible that they think somebody was living here since 1994 with no trace in any system

One other option I could suggest is to try resolving this through a lawyer.
They seem to have some ‘priority’ access to AT, at least mine had.

I had a different issue in that AT refused to register me as the PT tax resident unless I show then my residence permit (which I do not yet have being a happy GV camper waiting on SEF…).
That was at an in-person visit to my local AT office.

But then my lawyers did some magic trick and got me registered promptly via some AT Lisbon office.

hey thanks for the time to reply
right now we have been told the case is under study
we tried a lawyer from a facebook group hint who resolved same case as ours but the guy replied and then went silent
they accepted the backdating address form after a meeting in AT but say they have no control over NHR decisions

Hi, can you share the contact to the magic lawyer?