Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)

I asked because I see that SEF opened 300 slots on June 24, 2022, for GV investors who applied until 30th September 2022 and I’m waiting for them to open new slots because I applied in October 2022.

Hi Heather,
Understood the Commencement date of Rock Capital is June 08, 2020, with a duration of 7 years - the fund shall liquidate by June 08, 2027, if there is not extension (majority vote required).
Let’s say you get your residence permit issued on January 1, 2023. When you reach your five years of legal residency on January 1, 2028 and go ahead to apply for PR, you may no longer have this investment.
Did you discuss with the Fund manager and you lawyer on what they can do in this scenario?

1 Like

Hi Roger,
Yes, we were aware of this issue and discussed it with both our lawyer and the Rock fund managers. The timing issue has become even MORE of a problem of course, since back in July 2021 we had no idea it would take this long. But from what I understand, when the fund liquidates those who are ready will cash out and those who need more time will need to leave the funds sitting there. This is far from ideal in many ways (opportunity cost, etc.) and I hope a better scenario is offered but I think that is the worst case scenario. I think there will be many investors with the same situation so maybe the Portuguese government would offer a solution. We will see when we get there, but meanwhile I am choosing not to worry about it. :sweat_smile: I have enough other things to worry about, like getting apostilles. LOL.

1 Like

Finally today i paid fee for my family too . We all give bio in same place coimbra their visa approve after 3 week from my approval

5 Likes

Anyone after Sep ‘21 submission get an appointment yet? Curious if/when the “next round” of appts are going out!
And even though spontaneous walk in appts have been shut down, I may try my luck with that anyways.

I am very curious how the walk in method works for you, please report back on how it goes, what you do, etc, even if you’re unsuccessful

Will do my dude

2 Likes

Not yet- I submitted 28th sept 2021, but it wasn’t paid until early October, and apparently it’s payment date that counts.

3 Likes

Keep us posted!!

2 Likes

Ours is a family of four.
Application made and fees paid: 23 Nov 2021
Received my Pre- Approval yesterday for all of us (15 Jul 2022)
There’s hope after all!

6 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully will get an appointment soon

That was about the same for my application – November application and early July pre-approval.

My solicitor is saying also that they have “been notified for biometrics of applications made until 30th September 2021 so hopefully it won’t be too long of a wait…”

4 Likes

Sep 14, 2021 application. Pre-approved March 2022. Biometrics appt secured for late August.

Things are slowly moving …

6 Likes

Do you know how to get the appointment? I got my pre approval last week. My lawyer said that when he goes to the portal, he cant see the appointment tab. Does one have to wait till it opens up?

I think even after pre-approval one has to wait until SEF sends an email out for biometrics appointment scheduling.

My lawyer made the appointment.

thus far, the timeline between pre-approval and biometrics appointments has been long. We are about average: preapproved September 1, 2021, biometrics appointment scheduled July 1, 2022 (scheduled for October, but that was our choice). I’ve seen many people with longer wait times, and a few people with shorter wait times (like alex_b above). Based on what I’ve been seeing on the sites, you may be able to schedule an appointment before year end. But don’t hold your breath … there is nothing very predictable in this process.

1 Like

Oh I didnt know that there was another unnecessary step of waiting for an invite to make an appointment for the biometrics! Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

You don’t have to wait for an invitation, it just seems that SEF’s latest protocol is to open up the appointment calendar to groups of people based upon [when they applied] [when they were pre-approved] (not sure which of those events is the basis). They may change it tomorrow…

2 Likes