Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Hell yeah, Grats!

Only a few days to me, hopefully :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SEF replacement guaranteed by end of the year - The Portugal News

3 Likes

Congratulations! As someone mentioned here sounds like SEF is processing the week of Nov-29 till Dec-4. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Expect chaos. We know how SEF has been in ā€œnormalā€ times. Now ask them to change their process. The mind boggles.

Iā€™ve been through similar. When I lived in the UK on a self-employment visa, the Immigration Department in Croydon moved to a new building across the street and at the same time upgraded their computer systems. Meltdown! No visas, no visa renewals, no passport renewal, or new passport issues were processed for nearly a year. None. And that was in the UK, arguably more efficient than Portugal. I canā€™t wait for the coming sh*t show. I hope Iā€™m proven wrong.

2 Likes

Hi.

Application Submitted Dec.2/2021
Main applicant approval Sept.22/2022

8 Likes

Application submitted: December 2, 2021 (Main applicant); December 9,2021 ( Defendant)
Lawyer emailed that file pre-approved Sept 21,2022. Hope File means main applicant and dependents

9 Likes

Yay! Finally got our pre-approvals.

Primary Applicant: 3 Dec 2021
Family: 6 Dec 2021
Approval Date: 23 Sep 2022

Now we wait again for biometrics :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

good to see some decā€™21 pre-approvals:

primary applicant + dependents: 23 dec 2021
approval date: WAITING

2 Likes

7th Dec applicant hereā€¦awaiting it with patience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi r u from Pakistan

Hi!

Finally got my pre-approval!

Primary applicant: 3 Dec 2021
Primary approval date: 3 Oct 2022
Family: 9 Dec 2021
Family approval date: Still waiting

15 Likes

Congratulations, its been a long wait for you.

1 Like

Just found out that the right method is to submit the dependant right after the main applicant (while my lawyer also told me to wait with that untill my application gets approved :frowning:).

Iā€™m the one who opened the account in ARI, should I just go forward and add the dependants myself?

3 Likes

Yes please

2 Likes

Yes, this is how I/we submitted our applications : mine was the first one as the principal petitioner, and my wife was added three days later as a family member (I suppose that makes her a dependent)

1 Like

You need a recent lack of criminal records report, correct?

Yes, it was a part of the submission. However, I started to apply before receiving it and uploaded it later when it was finally apostilled.

1 Like

My application was submitted Dec 3, 2021 and my wifeā€™s Dec 7, 2021. Hopefully weā€™ll get our pre-approval soon. Our lawyer initially set the expectation that it would take 8-12 weeks, then in June she told us 7 months. It will be roughly 10 months if we get pre-approval this month.

4 Likes

Application was submitted on November 29, 2021. Still waiting for pre-approval.

2 Likes

I would second this perspective.

1 Like