Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

I love that y’all are doing this. Thank you! (I also found @jjmz 's cost breakdown spreadsheet invaluable before applying for the GV.) Should we both putting in information if we don’t even have the pre-approval yet? On the one hand, I could see that being good info on how long even that stage is taking, but I don’t want to clutter your data collection.

Congratulations to you and to your family. One major step done.

But as we can notice that slowly the processing time is going to 6 monthsPlus …earlier it was 5 months plus and then 6 months and now few done more than 6 months. As we are going towards end Nov and Dec, number of applicants are also going to go up and the processing time may be slowly can go to 7 months.
So, guys…have a bit more patience…we can expect, I feel for mid Dec guys around mid July. Earlier would be great though. Hope SEF by now accelerations and can complete all the Dec by June end. That would be fantastic.
In any case, it’s great to see that things are now moving and moving well. Hope biometrics also starts from July once they clear the pre-approval back logs. Then they can even speed up the biometrics process, I guess. Things will fall in place by end of this year 2022.
Best of luck to all of us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes go ahead. It does not hurt.

3 Likes

We do need to figure out how easy or messy the update process (to submit future updates) will be via Google forms… I will try and submit my information in two of three parts and document the difficulty… if we require an email address, it allows you to get a simple link to edit your prior response with more data.

EDIT: So having tried it - it gives you an edit response link once you submit the form. And since the email is not a required field, you have to copy that link and save it somewhere to edit the response.

If you do not, then it looks like someone needs to manually go in and update and remove the invalid ones.
Speaking of which, @loheiman, could you remove line 31 - which currently reads 5/18/2022 11:59:15 Primary Applicant (Investor) 10/26/2021 3/3/2022 - that is an invalid entry I just put in to see what happens.

Any more new Pre-Approvals after application dated 15th Nov 2021/ 18th May 2022?

Minimum period from Application till Pre-Approval is showing in the summary 4 days…is it true??

1 Like

Pre approval on May 18
Application submitted November 15

4 Likes

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! I am fifteen days behind you

1 Like

We applied in August 2021 and were pre-approved in November 2021. No biometrics yet!

1 Like

Hi elle1,
Were you able to make a biometric appointment?

1 Like

I got this email this morning:
Dear Kari,

Thank you for your e-mail.
Your process is still under analysis, but SEF is now dealing with the processes submitted between 1 and 10 of November (your process was submitted on 15/11), so we expect to receive pré-approval very soon.
I will keep you informed.

Best regards / Cumprimentos,

1 Like

No, nothing yet.

1 Like

Who did you get this from?

1 Like

So this means the pre-approval period has now swelled to more than 7 months?

But we already know from this forum that person applied on 15th May also got the pre-approval on 18th May. Well, there may be huge number of applications during the period of mid Nov till end Dec 2021…so, we need to see how it goes…If anyone in this forum got their pre-approval after 18th May, please post so that others can be assured that it’s moving smoothly or not.
Thanks.

2 Likes

CORRECTION: applied on 15th November 2021

1 Like

No Pre-approval info this week…anyone has any news?

1 Like

Just received the below note from my lawyers:

"Since our last communication, we have received several pre approvals for clients submitted in 2021 (as these work basically on a logic of a queue, we are now receiving pre-approvals regarding submissions filed in the beginning of the month of December 2021). Our expectation is that we will be able to get all pre approvals from visas filed in December 2021 until the end of June 2022, moment where the applicants will be in a position to schedule their appointment for the collection of biometrics.

On this regard, we have not had yet significant breakthroughs and the bookings for biometrics are still paused. We continue to liaise with SEF on a weekly basis trying to ascertain what solutions they have to offer. Our expectation is, considering that the restrictions for the pandemics are basically over in Portugal (which was one of the main reasons for the delays in booking biometrics) and with the processing and pre approvals of all visas related with 2021, that these appointments will get back to the normality we had in pre covid times. We got no response to our suggestion of taking the biometrics appointments in consulates and embassies, but we will continue to push as much as we can to get this moving as we feel this would be the best solution to solve the delays of the program"

Keeping fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that update! I filed at the end of November, and haven’t heard anything yet… :frowning:

2 Likes