Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Hi Laladatiles, I am on exactly same timeline as yours: submission in June 2021 and pre-approval in July 2021. Did you/your lawyer received email notification to book biometrics slot or your lawyer found the slot by themselve?
I have not heard anything on biometrics slot from my lawyer. Thx in advance.

My application was submitted on 11/23/21. Nothing yet

1 Like

Applied and paid: October 15.
SEF Pre-approval: Still waiting.

Hi Roger!
I followed up with my lawyer early this month and she received a notification last week that the next applications to be notified for scheduling are the ones from the second quarter of 2021, where my file is inserted. She also said that the scheduling will be in the month of June (SEF makes one month available at a time). She will request an appointment on my preferred dates in June.
I hope there will be no changes.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Laladatiles,
Thanks for sharing. My understanding is that notifications to book appointment are based on pre-approval/validation date in stead of application/insertion date. Has your appointment in June been booked?

1 Like

Hello! Gave her my preferred dates in June. Waiting for the response. But in any case, i told her we will adjust to whatever date is available.

3 Likes

Hi there,

Can you check with lawyers if the next applications to be notified for scheduling are the ones that applied or got preapproved in Second quarter ? i applied in May 2021, Got pre approval in Sept 2021 and still waiting for my biometrics !

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Just got my pre-approval!

Application submitted: September 23rd 2021
Pre-Approval: January 21st 2022 (4 months later)

However, I couldn’t submit my criminal background check with my application since it was delivered late, which is why SEF has requested I submit it now. But due to the delay for approval it’s been over 90 days and it won’t be valid. My lawyer says it most likely that they’ll ask me to submit a new one, which will take me a while to get in Canada. I hope I get it and submit it in time for the next quarter of approvals that get to book biometrics (I think I just make it in Q3 of 2021). Does anyone have an idea of when that would be roughly? And for which month it would be to book appointments for?

Nevermind I mistook my approval date for my application date hahaha. I definitely have a while until I get to book biometrics right?

3 Likes

Applied 8-23-21

Application Approved 11-3-21 (ten weeks and two days)

Biometrics Main Applicant 12-29-21 (the old calendar way…refresh, refresh refresh)

Biometrics Spouse 1-8-22 (Coimbra six ticket Pilot program chaos)

3 Likes

Throwing my hat in the ring…

31 Aug 2021: First contacted lawyer
1 Oct 2021: Submitted online application (took a month)
25 Jan 2022: Pre-approval granted (17 weeks)

This is for three UK applicants, investing in the BPI Portugal fund

My understanding from SEF statements (corrections welcomed):

On 15th December SEF started contacting applicants on a chronological basis to arrange biometrics, starting with those pre-approved in or before Q1 2020. By 22nd December they had notified those applicants, 979 in total. By 28th December they’d notified those pre-approved in Q2+Q3 2020, a cumulative total of 2,659. As of 12th January they notified those pre-approved in Q4 2020, bringing the total to 4,200 applicants. They’re currently working through applicants pre-approved in Q1 2021, another 1,800 applications.

So on that basis, as a Q1 2022 applicant I’m expecting to be contacted sometime over the next few weeks, but anticipating a biometrics date maybe towards the end of this year?

To be deleted

Hi,
Submitted and paid Nov 4 2021, so no idea how long for pre-approval. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Pre-approval: Oct 2021
Waiting for the biometrics appointment.

1 Like

Yes, it is true that pre-approvals are still taking a while to be sent out as SEF was down for a few months. However, pre-approval notifications are already being sent to applicants.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

You already received pre-approval. The chronological notification is the biometrics appointment. You pre-approval was in Q1 2022. The current batch of applicants receiving notifications are from Q1 2021. Contact for biometrics in the next few weeks is probably a little optimistic.

I knew some Q2 2021 pre-approvals have been notified.

5 Likes

Application submission : Dec 29, 2021
Waiting on pre-approval

1 Like

I applied (paid) on Oct 11, 2021.
I can see now that my application status has changed from “Under analysis” to “Application accepted” (“Candidatura Aceite”), but I did not receive any notifications yet from SEF by email.

Does this status mean the pre-approval was granted?

Also they have added this message under my “Foreign fiscal number” section:
It must be uploaded a document proving the selected option, which must also be presented at the time of attendance.
Funny thing is that I do have this document already uploaded, I can even open it and view it in the documents list. So not sure if this message just a ‘friendly reminder’ or a call for action on my part?..
There is no Upload button visible anymore…

2 Likes

You cut it very close! Congrats on squeaking in

1 Like

I had the same notice for the fiscal number before pre-approval. When it was uploaded by the lawyer, the application went to Accepted. Your situation seems less of a problem since your status is pre-approved. All you need to do is to pay attention to your biometrics invitation.

4 Likes