Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Congratulations!

3 Likes

With regard to Apostille - I couldn’t get the federal Secretary of State Apostille in under 90 days due to COIVID, so I had it done by the Missouri Secretary of State. They have a couple of offices, so I just walked up and had it done in less than 30 minutes!

1 Like

With tenperatures soaring, it looks like its going to be a long summer, so yeah we all know they’ll figure it sometime :joy:

Congratulation

2 Likes

Wow - I tried that in my state last year (Texas) and it was politely returned to me with a statement that the state will only apostille state (or its subdivisions, including county and city) documents. I even tried an old trick we used to use at work - wrote a certificate stating that the FBI doc was a “true and correct copy”, signed it, had my signature notarized, and sent to the state for state apostille. I’ve seen it work in the past by Texas declined. So I waited for the feds - it took about 9 weeks. Supposedly it’s down to 3-4 weeks for the feds at this point.

1 Like

I received a pre-approval email from our lawyer today (7/28/22)! :raised_hands:
Original application date: November 25, 2021
Pre-approval: July 26, 2022

Lawyers noted my husband’s app will be approved in the “next couple of weeks.” They also noted, “For now, please do not make any travel arrangements to Portugal. Your Golden Visa is approved but the Immigration Office´s agenda is still closed for appointments.”

11 Likes

Congratulations :clap:

2 Likes

Making progress!

Original application date: 11/26/21
Pre-approval: 7/29/22 (8 months later)

The rest of the family applied a couple of days later, and no movement on that yet, but hopefully soon (where “soon” = “???” in SEF/ARI world!).

9 Likes

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Just curious - have any Russian nationals received any pre-approvals recently? I know about suspension, etc but hoping maybe SEF can split related and unrelated folks…

I believe there was a post by @PCERoman reporting that yes, the Russians have been silently ‘unblocked’ for further processing. I have not seen any official comms though.

3 Likes

Submission date Nov 19th 2021
Spouse submission date : Nov 24 2021
My approval was interesting, my spouse got approval before me on July 19 2022 and I got my approval on July 27th 2021. Now we wait for Bio metrics for me and my spouse.
Ps we have two kids 6 month and 4 year old and we didn’t apply for their GV as my lawyer they are young and we can do family reunification later , I want to trust them but anyone have any opinion? Should I add them in our 2 year mark when we need to renew our GV again

5 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you!

This has been discussed previously here:

1 Like

No, unfortunately I do not have any information regarding Russian citizens. From my personal experience, though I was born in Russia (i.e. U.S.S.R.), I have lived in the U.S. for over 40 years and hence have a U.S. citizenship (in fact, I was stripped of my U.S.S.R. citizenship upon exiting thus becoming a refugee), I had no issues with SEF (so far!). :slight_smile:

Again, I hope Portugal would recognise the chronology of filed applications. From what I gathered, Elena has submitted her petition prior to February 24th, 2022. My feeling is it should be an arguable point on her behalf. Hence I would urge to just stay the course with plenty of patience, and perhaps nudging her lawyer periodically to see what could be done.

2 Likes

Thanks, Roman!

1 Like

I stand corrected, the post I mentioned was from @w00zle

3 Likes

Looks like the line started moving again.

Applied on 24th November. Don’t know if spouse and kid had a different application date.

Got an email from the lawyer yesterday that all three are now in approved status. I am taking it as approved on 30th July - though I guess it was a couple of days earlier. I saw a change in my status on 29th and mailed the lawyers and they confirmed all three are approved :slight_smile:

6 Likes