Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

@hashim.alsadr

Typically, the approvals have been given in the order of application submissions if there are very long delays. For shorter timeframes (like one week between me, the primary, and my wife), the approvals could be given at the same time, or even reversed: my wife was approved one months prior to me.

2 Likes

Well kids, it happened! I had a meeting with mercan/IAS today followed by 2.5hrs at Lisbon SEF! Managed to start and finish a good book today. LOL. My appointment was at noon, but everything was backed up-the system crashed yesterday and they were still having a few technical difficulties, but it was ok. I brought the workers a box of pasteis de nata which they were grateful for.

. Anyways, I learned a couple things for you. New biometrics appointments probably wonā€™t open up in march. Maybe beginning of April? They hope. There seems to be a bit of worry there. I asked for you Dec 2021 folks.

Timeline for SEF restructuring into its replacement is also interesting. ā€œItā€™s been for two years and nothing, now things are finally happening but it keeps getting pushedā€

. AND re: new proposed gv laws, the date to vote on it etc has been pushed back and pushed back again already. I think the new date is 30 March? Maybe. A lot of people arenā€™t happy. The new draft legislation or whatever the law will look like, most likely will not look like what was originally proposed. Everyone here thinks itā€™s absolutely bonkers, unconstitutional, and doesnā€™t fall into the way of the law here. They also seem to think that the renewals wonā€™t be an issue for anyone who started the process and got in the system before last month-ā€œno one starts this just for one two year visa, it needs to be seen through to the expectations and rules that were in place when the investor started the process.ā€ I shouldnā€™t put quotes because Iā€™m paraphrasing, but basically the lawyers said that even normal people think itā€™s stupid and see right through it.
Sorry Iā€™m not eloquent, I havenā€™t eaten since early this morning and itā€™s warm today!
Also, speaking with some local 30somethings, no one around here blames gvers for the housing crisis. Not only the lawyers, but local people think this is a bunch of political BS but that also Airbnb is a big issue. I wish Iā€™d been able to write this earlier when the information was fresher. Going to go get something to eat and watch the sunset in a couple hours.

22 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Biometrics for Dec 2021 folks wonā€™t open up until APMA is probably true, what Iā€™m frustrated is that I thought they would clean up the pre approval backlog before opening up the appointments, but it seems it is taking forever for that to happen.

2 Likes

Fantastic reporting, thank you very much for sharing

It wouldā€™ve been much better had I a chance to eat beforehandšŸ¤£. Iā€™ve since had a lot of food and my brain is working again. Haha. Itā€™s sunset, thereā€™s a man playing the saxophone beautifully from a rooftop, and itā€™s absolutely magical. What a day!

3 Likes

My wife and I are flying to Italy and then to Portugal in a few days! Itā€™ll be a big upgrade over the cold and snow here in Buffalo

3 Likes

Applied Dec 21 2021, approved 13 March 2023.

8 Likes

Pre approval?

Yes, sorry. But the lawyers got after me about scheduling biometrics quite quickly.

I had my biometrics in Porto in January and had a brilliant couple of days. Loved it. Wife had hers last week in Funchal and now she wants to move there she loved it so much

3 Likes

Oof! I heard itā€™s snowing in NYC too, not excited to head back there so soon. Enjoy your trip!!!

I havenā€™t been there yet but itā€™s on my list!!! Canā€™t wait to check it out!

2 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: Do you already have biometrics scheduled?

Did your lawyers actually book biometrics? Or just get your preference for dates and locations

1 Like

Well kids, it happened! I had a meeting with mercan/IAS today followed by 2.5hrs at Lisbon SEF!

this was your biometrics appointment, @kari ?

when did you receive pre-approval again?

Applied Dec 21 2021, approved 13 March 2023.

great news. congratulations. we are 27 dec 2021 ā€¦ hopefully our pre-approval is coming up soon.

the lawyers got after me about scheduling biometrics quite quickly.

can you elaborate? of course, we all want to get biometrics done asap after pre-approval. what exactly were your lawyers after you for?

2 Likes

I had my biometrics in Porto in January [ā€¦] Wife had hers last week in Funchal [ā€¦]

what are your application submission and pre-approval dates (for you, and your wife)? thx.

They gave me a very rough estimate of when it might be, based on clients that had filed a bit earlier. They were asking me to agree to an appointment timeline without going back and forth with me, so they can click the button ASAP. It hasnā€™t been done yet, but they said the new ā€œchronologicalā€ process made it somewhat predictable. Itā€™s not a long trip to Lisbon for me, so it will probably work out.

3 Likes

They were asking me to agree to an appointment timeline without going back and forth with me, so they can click the button ASAP [ā€¦] It hasnā€™t been done yet

not sure i understand. why didnā€™t they click the button if you agreed on an appointment timeline?

2 Likes

The lawyers are arranging who wants what appointment and where ahead of time, so when appointments open up they can efficiently secure appointments for their clients

So in other words, donā€™t worry, biometrics appts arenā€™t open, you didnā€™t miss anything haha

3 Likes