Timing of Portugal Golden Visa in COVID-era 2022

Interestingā€¦and strangeā€¦Iā€™ve been over this with my lawyers about 10 times already and they will provide a letter signed from their side confirming my status in case I get stopped at the border for documents check.
Oh well, Iā€™ve got no choice, so will be checking this out in about a month.
Anyhow, got some confidence in what theyā€™re saying, since theyā€™ll be the ones in the court in case something goes wrong :slight_smile:

What they might have meant is that it grants you no right to stay infinitely but you can stay for the purpose of going to the biometrics.

To be honest Iā€™ve got no freakinā€™ idea how my situations should be approached: Iā€™m an Israeli (visa waiver with EU for 90 days) and Russian (got a Schengen visa and a student visa in Spain) citizen, my wife is Belarusian (student visa in Spain), weā€™re living in Spain with a student visa :slight_smile:
I assume that since weā€™re already in the EU and thereā€™s no ground border between Portugal and Spain, itā€™s not the question of entering into Portugal, but rather of legally staying in the country while waiting for the biometrics.

No, the ground border between spain and portugal is currently closed.

well, you could say that you are entering for the biometrics appointmentā€¦ just that one hasnā€™t been assigned yetā€¦ but youā€™ll be there just in case the calendar clears!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Without having an official document that indicates the reason to travel and the permission to enter Portugal due to that reason, I think the airline will not allow the boardingā€¦
Very stressfulā€¦

Just got my residence permit earlier this week. Probably the SEF isnā€™t that bad.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your news. Looking back at your earlier post, sounds like you had your biometric interview in Decemberā€¦ is that correct?

Yes, I had my interview in December and got my card last week.

1 Like

Congrats. Just tells me that we need to do all things sooner rather than later.

Timings update: got a biometrics appointment for end of August.

1 Like

@tsiksssooo Congrats ā€“ May I ask how you / your lawyer got it (and which SEF office)? I just spoke with my lawyer and there currently still no slots available to bookā€¦

Thanks @tedbean! Office in Lisbon. Not sure how they did it though, but I donā€™t think thereā€™s any secret methodā€¦probably they were just quicker. I think itā€™s going to be easier from now with most of businesses and services re-openning in Portugal.

Yeah probably you have a much quicker lawyer : > I sure hope so, itā€™s the ultimate test of patience.

How many slots did they get for you application (i.e., number of applicants)?

Is it your first appointment to get the Biometric ? Or you do the renewal ? I am so frustrated with the little finger print processā€¦ a little thing that can be done within a day or a week (max) in other country could easily take months or even years to get done in Portugal.

1 Like

Just the 2 of us

It is first, yes. I know itā€™s frustrating, but also discount it for the whole situation with covid, lockdowns, closures etc. Weā€™re living in an extraordinary time, where things that are supposed to work like a clock just donā€™t. I think itā€™s a matter of adjusting your expectations not to get too dissappointed, at least it works for me :slight_smile:

Hi rj2002cc

May I ask how your ARI portal page looked like when you received your preliminary approval? Does it say ā€œAguarda Envioā€ with a Qr code next to it, and a Save button?
Today, my ARI portal changed from ā€œAwaiting analysisā€ to ā€œAguarda Envioā€ or
Awaiting Shipping" ( or it can also mean ā€œAwaiting Submissionā€ in English). No idea what this ā€œshippingā€ means. It seems it reverted to the initial stage or submission stage. Does anyone know?

Hi mmtravelguy

May I ask how your ARI portal page looked like when you received your preliminary approval? Does it say ā€œAguarda Envioā€ with a Qr code next to it, and a Save button?
Today, my ARI portal changed from ā€œAwaiting analysisā€ to ā€œAguarda Envioā€ or
Awaiting Shipping" ( or it can also mean ā€œAwaiting Submissionā€ in English). No idea what this ā€œshippingā€ means. It seems it reverted to the initial stage or submission stage. Does anyone know?

It should read ā€œapplication acceptedā€ as I understand.