US dollar account in EU

Yes, I too think the data entry redundancy is purposeful.
I myself enter as many lines as I can, even if they are optional - with the same idea.
My address, recipient’s bank address, recipient’s bank name, my bank’s address, recipient’s address, originator’s reference, recipient’s reference…and so on and so forth.

Hi,

Which documents did you have to notarize/legalize and post mail for account opening in Bison Bank ?
My concern is they should not ask something that cannot be notarized.

Thanks
JP

Clarification: Bison needs documents to be authenticated, which is a process you can conduct with your Portuguese lawyer. I can provide a referral for a law office that will provide painless, a la carte authentication services for €20 per document, if you don’t have that service available from your own lawyer.

The documents that satisfied Bison’s requirements were:

• State-issued ID card [1]
  • Verification of employment [1]
  • Social security card [1]
  • Passport information page [1]
  • Bank statement–proof of address [2]
  • NIF document [3]
  • 3 separate application forms from Bison [4]

You will also need all of these authenticated documents from your lawyer to invest in a fund. My lawyer transmitted duplicate copies for this purpose at no extra charge, even though it was not technically included in the package deal.

[1] Authenticated and delivered by lawyer. The process may vary from one office to another. The authenticated document copies were physically delivered to Bison Bank from my lawyer’s office. This was quick and easy compared to other requirements, and was included with my GV processing package deal.
[2] I forget whether this was authenticated by my lawyer
[3] No authetication required; scanned and sent electronically
[4] Printed, signed with ink, and physically shipped to Bison

I’ll send you the contact information for my amazingly helpful banker at Bison if you send me a PM. He is the source of truth for these questions.