Validity extension after June 30

Hey, could you please tell me how to secure an appointment at Coimbra? It is not showing on the drop down menu…

Hi @gmapham yours seems to be an exception to the rule that there are no appointments being given out for renewals. My lawyers too say no appointments for our renewals. https://www.imidaily.com/program-updates/sef-resumes-biometrics-appointment-bookings-for-golden-visa-applicants-except-for-renewals/

1 Like

That’s strange as Coimbra is definitely in the drop down - I think it’s called Central and is the second one on the drop down.

Anand, I find it strange too, I managed to secure my husband’s appointment myself online and had been trying the same method to get an appointment for myself with no success. And then my lawyer phoned me yesterday to say that she’d made a booking for me.

It turns out that SEF released 1600 renewal appointments yesterday but they were gone in less than 1 hour.

2 Likes

Hi all,

My 1st GV resident card will expire in early Jan 2023 and my lawyer told me that zero information from Immigration office on how to proceed with the renewal of GV cards at this stage. Since December 17th 2021 all renewals have been unable to get any sort of appointment and up to today there is no official or non official confirmation on how to proceed.

So nothing we can do but just wait and taking risk of the card expiring when time passes by
Is that the same situation you all are facing?