ARI Holders (Stage 5)

Easy enough to verify by anyone with a new application who has access to their ARI page.

This post by @jjmz dated Nov 21 has a comment by @Onward also mentioning the QR code.

I donā€™t have mine approved yet (under analysis), but clicking on the QR code does nothing for me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information, Jim. My page showed the ā€˜generate certificateā€™ message after biometrics, after the pandemic got underway, but before the residence card was issued, and it continues to be there even with some months validity left on the current residence permit.

2 Likes

Same timeline and access as Jim. QR code not active.

2 Likes

If your initial visa expires and thereā€™s a delay in getting a renewal does that time without a visa still count towards the time for citizenship?

1 Like

As far as I know; that time does not count towards citizenshipā€¦

My lawyers told me that the clock starts with the approval of your first cardā€¦

Yet; in order to get citizenship youā€™ll need to have 5 years of residency - this doesnā€™t have to be continuousā€¦ In fact here there were posts which highlighted the relevant legistlationā€¦ 5 years residency in a 15 year interval is what they look for.

All of this in the end means that if you are waiting for your renewal, youā€™ll need that renewal card to complete the 5 year periodā€¦ The period in between does not count for anythingā€¦

Hope this helpsā€¦

1 Like

I have been waiting for an appointment for my last renewal (current GV expired in April 2021) and my lawyer told me that this time without a valid visa DOES count towards citizenship. As you said, the clock starts with the first card. My lawyer says that on the day that marks 5 years from the issue of my first card I can apply for citizenshipā€¦
Itā€™ll be 5 years in April 2023. At this rate it might happen before I can get the renewal appointment!

2 Likes

hahahaha! look at the cost savings!

but yea, what she said. you havenā€™t renewed because itā€™s SEFā€™s fault. SEF has issued an order extending validity. therefore you are still a legal resident and the clock is running.

if you slip the renewal due to your own fault then yeah it doesnā€™t count, but thereā€™s no requirement of continuous, just aggregate.

2 Likes

@supermoira just like you Iā€™ve been waiting for the renewal of my residency card for few monthsā€¦ My 2nd card expired on Sep 2021.

So here is my caseā€¦ My first residency card was approved in October 2018, the 5 year period will be completed on October 2023ā€¦

I am not 100% sure if someone can make the application on the 5 year mark, when the total accumulated residency permits till that marked-date is less than 5 years by pointing out that they will soon complete the 5 year residencyā€¦ (Hopefully by then I will have received my final residency card)

Given that they have extended the validity of the existing residency cards till March 2022, I assume that would helpā€¦ e.g. my second residency card might be counted for 24 + 6 months= 30 months instead of 24 monthsā€¦

This is obviously something that I would check with my lawyers as well.

1 Like

Clicking on my QR code produces this:
ā€œItā€™s not possible to issue the registration certificate because the portal registration was made after 18-03-2020ā€

Hi All,

I had many discussions with my Lawyer about the counting of the 5 Years, and I can confirm that the start time is the date on your first GV card.

The idea based on SEF clerk is that you maintained the investment and applied for renewal within the allowed frame.

Before Corona came up, you had a chance to apply for renewal 3 Months before expiry and a buffer of 3 Months after. If you failed to renew during post 3 Months, your GV would be canceled.
Thatā€™s why they are extending the current GVs, so the system considers your residency validā€¦until you renewā€¦

For me I did my 2nd renewal in Nov 2021, (3 Months ahead of expiry)ā€¦I always play it safe. I should complete the 5 years in Jan 2024.

Regards,

2 Likes

For renewals do we need to be invited to make a booking too?

My lawyer told me not. Your five years start from the date of initial approval.

I donā€™t know, Iā€™m hoping they will start focusing on the renewals once they are caught up on the initial applications. Right now, there is no way to book an appointment for renewals unless they ā€œreleaseā€ some appointment slots online. And then itā€™s the ā€œfastest finger firstā€ method. My lawyers fingers seem to be slow.

1 Like

Hello - has anyone had any luck booking a renewal appointment this year? They donā€™t seem to be ā€œreleasing slotsā€ and I am not aware of them contacting anyone chronologically?

2 Likes

I havenā€™t heard of anyone. Im looking very hard at the moment as ill be in Portugal next month hoping to get my biometrics doneā€¦

3 Likes

Good luck! Please keep me posted if you find anything!

1 Like

Has anyone has a biometrics appointment for a renewal? Has the validity been extended again?

1 Like

No renewal appointments in sight! Yes all documents are extended until the 30th of June 2022 - and that was before the Ukranian crisis which is causing more delays.

3 Likes

Pls share the decree/link under which extension to 30th June 2022 has been passed.

1 Like