ARI Holders (Stage 5)

Your status does not meet the legal requirements for using the “automatic renewal” feature. For more information, the SEF Contact Center is at your disposal, every working day, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm through the numbers – 808 202 653 (landline) or 808 962 690 (mobile network).

this above remark all in red

2 Likes

I think I read somewhere that the auto renewal was only for people whose card expired after a certain day like February 2023. Maybe that is the issue?

They have updated the eligibility at least once I think, but perhaps not into the past.

1 Like

Hi Roger, just wanted to pick up on this again. Would it be possible to find out from your friend how exactly her attorney managed to solve this (or even recommend this attorney?). Still no resolution and I email SEF and its regional directories every day. The central contact center just sends an automated response each time, the regional ones direct to the central one, and my attorneys are at a complete loss (and they have 20 other clients apparently in the same position).

1 Like

This doesn’t seem right. I think it’s possible someone is spam registering accounts or someone accidentally entered your number when registering themselves . I don’t have enough data to know which scenario is correct .

1 Like

My friend doesn’t know what exactly her attorney did exept that the attorney went to SEF with her original passport.

Yeah- update here is that SEF finally got back to me with an actual response and detailed the correct email address for login. Long story short - it seemed to be an issue with the lawyers’ registered emails for clients on the ARI portal creating some kind of conflict according to them (PLMJ lawyers - not sure if I believe them or they just lost the email account details). I attempted to retrieve the password for this correct email address myself and it showed me the account was tied to my lawyers, so I was able to confront them and have them retrieve and renew.

I now have the DUC and just waiting for the reference to activate so I can pay.

Steps:

• emailed SEF and its regional contacts almost every day for weeks until I finally got more info

• gained access to the email SEF provided by generating account retrieval from the email site

2 Likes

Hi

I’ve done some searching but nothing comes up. I’m currently waiting for final approval (stage 4) which we expect to get by the end of the year.

As the principal ARI applicant, I understand that I will have to spend one week each year in Portugal (or something like that) in order for the year to qualify for residency.

My question is
 does the supplementary ARI applicant (spouse) also have to spend the minimum time in Portugal or does their subsequent ARI renewal and possible citizenship application depend only on the maintenance of the relationship with the principal?

Thanks for any heads up on this.

1 Like

All with cards have to do the time and have proof including boarding cards, recepts w NIF etc.

2 Likes

Okay. Understood. Thanks for the advice.

That’s what I would expect but just wanted to check

Hello everyone, quick question does anyone know if the resident card should have the social security number on the back of it? Or not? I was told by someone it should have it, but mine doesn’t.

Thank you.

@sergioosantos2000 , did you apply for a social security number and if so, was one assigned to you before the card was issued?

My card has a NIF, no SS number and no health number — because I only have a NIF and not the other two. My spouse has all of these marked N/A as none have been assigned. If you apply for either the SS number or the health number I would assume that a future card would include them, but that is just a guess.

I have all three numbers, but my card only has the NIF filled in. It is apparently not required that they be listed; it is just a convenience to have them there. Given how hard it is to get a replacement/updated card, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I guess I am now at this stage as my card has been issued - dated 17 June.
No SS or health number on it.

6 Likes

You cant get the SS and the permanent Utente (Heath) number until the first permit. It doesn’t make any difference if you have that printed or not on your GV permit. You can get them printed on the first renewal

Hi How to get SS and Permanent Utente (health) no thanks

Hello Abhi,

Utente is a straightforward process, you can either visit the local healthcare Centre or Loja do CidadĂŁo and submit copies of your Passport, Residency Permit and the NIF registration document and they shall assign an Utente number and send you the same by email.

For the NISS, you can follow this guide (English Available):

1 Like

Hey folks, newbie alert! Just received my first GV card (2 year validity) and have some basic questions. Appreciate your guidance -

1. Stay requirement - my understanding is, this is calculated as 1 week per year of validity. Because my permit is valid for two years, my residency requirement for this period is 2 weeks (and not 1 week, as used to be when initial permits were granted for 1 year). Can anyone confirm or correct this understanding?

2. Proof of residency - what documents do I need to collect and retain to establish my residency? Boarding passes (in and out)? Food/hotel receipts? Anything else?

3. Are copies of the documents in (2) submitted along with the renewal application? If not, how are these documents submitted to establish residency?

4. My first renewal will only be two years from now, so I guess it’s fair to assume it’ll be online?

Thanks much!

Oh and one more thing - can I get a Portuguese drivers license as a GV holder on my next visit if I’m not living in Portugal?

1 Like

14 days of Stay inside Portugal is what you need to prove during the renewals by providing the proofs of entry-exit stamps, Stay and Other receipts shall suffice. Regarding the renewals, which is now open for the cards expiring in Q3- 2023 needs no documentation whatsoever, just pay an exorbitant card printing fee of 3488.38 Euros per person and you shall have it. However, this might change at the end of this year as nobody knows whats gonna be in the new legislation and the restructured SEF.

Driver’s license is straightforward, if you hold any EU or OECD permits, those are valid and you do not have to exchange them for the Portuguese permit. In case of non-OECD you need to submit an online application to the IMT with all the documents and the doctors certificate and the IMT shall give you an appointment for the exchange and biometrics. Pay 30 Euros, surrender your Driver’s license Original and they shall give you a temporary permit for 90 days and you shall get a printed card to the address specified within 40-50 days.

3 Likes