Awaiting Biometrics (Stage 3)

Did you make the payment right after your Biometrics on Lisbon?i was told that they’ll review the documents again and let me know when to pay

1 Like

Thanks. Had a bunch for wife and daughter but managed to get it all refreshed before the biometrics. Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

I am expecting something similar.

1 Like

Completed the biometrics today. Took about an hour including the first 30 minutes for the lawyer to complete the paperwork discussion.

We carried new set of apostilled documents - similar to what was submitted at the time of application. PCC for me and my spouse from SG, PCC from India for spouse, birth cert for my daughter and a marriage certificate. Don’t think they needed the newly apostilled tax residence doc I had taken.

Quite organized and smooth I should say. Not the wait for the card.

4 Likes

Hi, Did they require NIF for your spouse and child ?

@kramanat:
Just a quick question ! did they retain the original birth certificate of your daughter and your marriage certificate? Or did they give back to you the original ones?

No, they did not require a NIf for my wife or daughter.

Yes, the lawyer had all the apostilled originals and she had also prepared the translation. All those documents were submitted to the official.

@kramanat: thanks

1 Like

Whilst they don’t require NIF for the visas / biometrics, if they come to live in Portugal they will need NIF for most public services such as healthcare and schools. As we found out! So worth getting as soon as there is chance…

1 Like

I agree with @Vidor , just get the NIFs for all the family, they are cheap, and you never know where they might be required besides SEF.

My experience was different from that of @kramanat - SEF viewed the originals, but only took the notarized translations. The original birth and marriage certificates were returned to me at the end of the appoitment. It was in Porto.
But maybe it was because my translations included the copy of the original as a first page, and all together stapled/sealed by a PT notaty.

Just had our biometrics appointment in Porto. Was a very smooth process. Lawyer went in at 8AM (our appointment time), sorted the paperwork etc. then we were called in at 9:20AM, finished our biometrics in 20Mins and we were out of there.

Didn’t need any originals and apostilled docs were sufficient.

On to the next part now: Waiting for the cards to arrive. Wonder what’s the current timeline on this and if there is a separate thread for people awaiting their cards so we can crib about the process and share our joys when we finally get it :smile: :smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations David! As you say, there is now the wait.
The link for the thread on card receipt & for commiserations or sharing joy! :Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4).

2 Likes

Golden visa applicants taking SEF to court - The Portugal News.

1 Like

Did you pay the fees for the card?

Not yet, I believe this happens when they approve your application, which could be a few months from now.

1 Like

Thanks, this is what I was told too

2 Likes

Hi, how many days between your biometrics appointment and communication from SEF “accepting your candidacy” as you put it? Thanks in advance

Hello Norris,

The “acceptance” paper (which is merely a receipt acknowledging no outstanding documents due) was presented at the end of the biometric appointment, and so it is 0 days. This is not, however, the final approval that precedes the card issuance.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for that. My attorney who accompanied me to the appointment must have been given that. She also arranged for the card to be sent to her office because she said the mail is unreliable.