Awaiting Final Approval (Stage 4)

Only 4 months of waiting? sounds like a miracle
Congrats!!!

6 Likes

I (main investor) just got final approval and request for fees from Porto SEF. Biometrics were January 30, 2023. Still waiting on dependent spouse approval, which will presumably happen soon (fingers crossed).

8 Likes

That’s 15th of January 2023?.. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! You’re probably the 1st of those who did biometrics inJan '23 to get approved.
You should buy a lottery today :grinning:
Well done!

4 Likes

Now I feel guilty
 but yes 16 Jan 2023. (15th was a Sunday, and a gorgeous one exploring Porto)

Oh wow! Congrats Tosh, that sounds amazing.
Honestly, sucks being us folks whose Lisbon biometrics approvals are still stuck in July and August 2022!

Great. Here I am waiting for final approval after completing biometrics on Sep 2022 at Porto.

2 Likes

Biometric in Faro Dec 29, 2022.
Attorney received approval and payment request today June 1, 2023.
But SEF portal still shows “application accepted”, should that be changed to “application transferred”?

Did anyone any the change in status?

Thank you

5 Likes

Faro is further behind than Porto, didn’t see that one coming

Better than Lisbon at least! Feeling for anyone that got stuck there

1 Like

Did your status show “application transferred” or remained “application accepted”?
Mine still says “application accepted”

Just received my final approval as well. Biometrics in Porto on 2nd Feb, 2023.
Was a real surprise, as I was not expecting this for another 9 months or so, looking at the dates here, but seems like Porto is really moving things along.

Something interesting that my lawyer just told me: My parents who are dependents on my application, will only get their approval/payment request, after my card was been issued. She said this is a recent change. Any info on this?

@Tosh @veryornery and others who have received approval. The DUC said, you need to wait for 48 hours before payment, is this correct, or have people been able to pay sooner?

Also wondering, what should the status on the SEF be showing at this stage? I still see “Transferred”, which is the same as that for my parents.

7 Likes

An update from my side, regarding my wife’s and daughter’s timelines (as reunified member’s of my ARI application).

My wife’s timeline:
Application submitted August 2020
Pre approval November, 2020
First Bio-metric Scheduled for March, 2022 (missed)
Second Bio metrics appointment attended on 22nd May, 2023 in Lisbon.

My daughter’s timeline:
Application submitted 16th December, 2021.
Pre- Approval 18th January, 2023
Bio metrics appointment attended on 22nd May, 2023 in Lisbon.

I am now hoping that they receive their cards hopefully within the next 12 months.

3 Likes

My lawyer said my husband will be approved after me but I don’t know if they meant after my payment or after I get my card.

4 Likes

@consultant2b DUC you have to wait 48 hours before paying.
That’s normal DUC behaviour.

Other reporters see ‘Transferred’ too, so also appears normal.

Regarding being surprised at this sudden burst of life at SEF Porto - as many as 4(!) nomads reported final approval in the last 2 days. Let’s see what happens next week but I am eagerly awaiting my own approval any second now. I am an early Jan Porto applicant.

4 Likes

Those of us who did biometrics in Lisbon and are waiting patiently for approval are absolutely delighted for you Porto people, no hint of jealousy here, no siree.

6 Likes

We have a happy development that changes our GV process. 10 years ago my partner applied for Polish citizenship by descent. However, documents affirming the birth and marriage of his grandparents were unable to be located in Poland. In 2020, we started the GV process in Portugal. This past January we did our biometrics in Lisbon. Upon our return to the US, a notice was sent by Poland that citizenship was approved and granted. Quite a surprise! He now holds his new passport. We notified our Portuguese law firm and were advised to wait and get our resident cards through the GV program and then convert them to Article 15 when we actually move to Portugal. I am seeking your opinions on whether we should complete the GV process, or abandon it and just use Article 15? TIA

1 Like

Shouldn’t have done biometrics in Lisbon! Crazy decision unless you have no other choice

Yes, with hindsight
 At the time I had few options in terms of schedule, and back then Porto was running at about 6-7 months and Lisbon 8-10. I felt a couple of months wouldn’t matter much in the long run. Since then it looks like Porto’s sped up and Lisbon’s slowed down*. And there could now be a material difference between getting approval before / after the new law takes effect. So I feel a bit of a prat

* by which I mean “ground to a halt” - no updates on here for a month from those who did bios in July 2022 or later. Did everyone in Lisbon SEF walk out on strike?

1 Like

I remember making a similar decision. The time difference wasn’t much and being our first visit to Portugal, we decided to spend time in and around Lisbon.

2 Likes

Ron, a Polish passport is an eu passport so freedom of movement/right to settle in Portugal comes with that
And an EU citizen cannot apply for a GV. So if one of you has right to reside in Portugal, wouldn’t it be easier for the other to do family unification (in either country)?