Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Nobody knows. It is believed that nothing could top Dec 2021, as it seems most people preferred investing in real estate at the $250k level or whatever it was before the rules changed. My lawyer says the 2022 volume was dramatically lower…

But SEF didn’t really accept online applications until June 2022 or so, so there could be another big pile waiting. Data from this forum, which is admittedly limited, shows very few people applied in 2022 vs 2021. Here is my thread on the subject: 2022 Application Analysis and Discussion

I made that thread 2 months ago when SEF was processing December 19th, 2021 applications. Just this week someone posted their Dec 27th application was processed by SEF. So that should give you some idea of the scope of the Dec 2021 clusterSEF.

My hope as an October 2022 ish applicant is that I receive pre-approval within 12 months from application date. And based on recent trends, possibly get invited for biometrics in Q1 2024. Some Dec 2021 people received pre-approval in Q1 this year and have already made / completed their biometrics appointment, so that is very positive movement.

edit: I wonder how big of a spike the end of the program will cause…

4 Likes