Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Thanks Liam.
Did you receive any email from SEF at the time of your pre-approval? And was it separate for each family member or they send one email once everyone is pre-approved (‘accepted’)?

1 Like

The emails all went to my lawyer’s address. Your lawyers should be getting all the emails from SEF. I only have access to the ARI Portal.

Ok, understood, thanks.
My lawyer is not getting anything as he is not registered with SEF so I could not add his email address to the portal.
Anyway I was expecting SEF to email both the applicant and the lawyer. Like they emailed me the login/password to the portal itself.

2 Likes

Applied and paid 14 September. Pre-approval early Jan 2022

1 Like

Guys, for those of you who applied for GV along with the ‘family reunion’ - how long was the time gap between the main applicant’s and the family pre-approvals? And did you receive just one ‘acceptance notification’ email from SEF for the whole family or multiple emails (one per each person)?

Mine was a month behind and that was with the biometric being a month behind.

It processes separately.

1 Like

Dependents came first then applicant a couple of days later. All separate emails.

1 Like

Approvals came together.

2 Likes

We are still waiting. Applied late August 2021. Main applicant approved in December. Lawyer says the delay is normal and he expects things to pick up now that the election is over, but we’re getting worried

1 Like

Had my parents biometric appointment Feb 1st in Faro branch. All went smoothly except for a wrinkle which I’m not sure is normal for re-unification.

The branch requested that my parents apply for their own NIFs, so that SEF can ensure they have no outstanding debts
which doesn’t really make sense because if my parents had debts, it would be under their Passport number and not a NIF that does not exist.

Regardless, I’m getting them NIFs and will run debt check and submit documents to complete our application. Just wanted to send that out into ether as a data point.

1 Like

Have not heard of that before so it must be a requirement specific to Faro branch.

1 Like

Please update us when you receive your pre-approval. We submitted ours in late December so we still have a few months to go.

4 Likes

I wanted to add my data point to the conversation, although I’m not sure how useful it is now.

Applied Sept 17, 2021
Preapproval January 7, 2022
Biometrics - Still waiting

1 Like

Update on the timeline now that the rest of the family have been ‘accepted’:
Applied/paid Oct 7-18, 2021
Pre-approvals Jan 28, 2022 - Feb 8, 2022

It is rather unfortunate that SEF’s mail gun has apparently broken down, so no more notifications by email to be expected (at least for the applicant’s email, not sure about the lawyer’s). Had to check the portal regularly to catch the pre-approvals.
Now will have to do the same for the ‘agendamente’ of biometrics.

1 Like

Applied mid-October, still waiting with this message:
“ NĂŁo Ă© possĂ­vel concluir a candidatura porque o tipo de investimento aguarda regulamentação”

Update:
Feb 10: Just received “application accepted”

I applied for family reunion about a week after the main applicant. I do not know when the family members were approved (I had figured that all of us were approved at the same time). I did not realize their status was on different screens. In any event, it is now a month later, and, upon checking, I see they were also preliminarily approved, but I have no idea when. That’s probably not super helpful to anyone.

2 Likes

Applied Oct 12, received pre-approval 2-8.

1 Like

This is actually v helpful. I applied a month after you, so I probably have at least a month more to go?

My application is pending pre-approval since the 27th of October, Is it normal?

1 Like

I haven’t seen pre-approvals for applications after 7 & 18 Oct. on this thread, with ~16 weeks to pre-approval: (Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2) - #59 by tommigun). Hopefully, you will be notified shortly. :slightly_smiling_face: Do update us!

4 Likes