Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Yes, it seems to be something like this. Their English is about as good as my Portuguese, so the details are not always clear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was preapproved last June. Applied Nov 2021, booked my biometrics on 16 Dec for 15 march (would’ve rather done it earlier, but my lawyers picked that date). I’ll take what I can get, not worth the risk, and turned it into a birthday trip!

2 Likes

Nov 29 2021 applied
Sept 1 2022 pre-approved (wife a few days after)
16. Jan 2023 biometrics in Porto (me), 10 March for her in Funchal.

2 Likes

Any one else got pre approved this week?

Will be interested to see if my “started a company” does anything to speed process .

Hey, Martin, since you just finished the process, I’m assuming you’re still in good contact with your lawyer. Do they have confidence in the to-be-established APMA speeding up the immigration process? My lawyer has been drifting away from me since our application was two years ago so I wanted to ask you. It’s brave to invest in the program at this time because like me, I’m going crazy, especially when my children ask me why can’t they move to Europe since I promised them happily back in 2021 we’ll live by the ocean😅

I started a company so the “too late” really didn’t apply since I now have 10+ employees. Attorney is still in contact and also involved since he is the corporate attorney .

Thanks Kari. Wow I’m glad I got my biometrics done on Feb 6. I wanted to try to reschedule until sometime this month since I already had a trip booked (I am back in Albufeira now) but I am glad I didn’t try that. I just hope I get final approval and my card before I have to leave again in 3 months

2 Likes

Thanks, Kari, for the sunny and informative update. Parabens!

3 Likes

I posted a while ago that my husband got his preapproval on February 10. I just got mine today, March 21. We both applied on December 22, 2021.

6 Likes

congratulations. how interesting that the pre-approvals were 1.5 months apart!

1 Like

Who else submitted in Dec 2021 and haven’t received pre approval?:raising_hand_man:Please leave a emoji.

Submitted last week 2021. Still waiting.

4 Likes

I believe that timelines were collected in the following post where you can have a clear idea on the processing timelines Application Timeline Database - Please contribute! - #11 by nx1995xx

I counted more that 50 applications that we’re submitted before or on Dec 21 and not yet pre-apprved

2 Likes

50?? This is crazy…

2 Likes

Submitted Dec 14th 2021 still waiting for pre-approval

3 Likes

As I’m one of those, I am inclined to being optimistic and grasping at
straws as a coping mechanism, so I’ll go ahead and say “some of those
folks may have forgotten to update the database when they were
pre-approved, so it may not be quite 50”.

3 Likes

I bet everything on the establishment of APMA, the minister said it will be “steady and reliable”, and is supposed to “start a new era”.

there are 53 applications listed in the tracking sheet that were submitted between 1 dec 2021 and 31 dec 2021.

15 of them claim to have been pre-approved already - with pre-approval dates ranging from 6 feb 2022 (really?) and 13 march 2023 (believable).

i am not sure this sheet is that believable.

and of course there are MANY more than 53 applications that were submitted between 1 dec 2021 and 31 dec 2021 that are not being tracked in this sheet.

2 Likes

The sheet is not updated correctly. I can see my own entry which I submitted while waiting for the final approval. I now received the final approval and I resubmitted the form. It didn’t update my initial entry but it created a new line instead so the first entry, which looks like I am still waiting, is misleading.