Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Conversely I found mine with the submission and pre approval dates correct. I’m not sure how the sheet works tbh

2 Likes

I was approved, finally, exactly 15 months after the application. I checked a couple of days ago and it said it was “in process”. I just notified my lawyer with the news, hoping to get some feedback, if he even remembers us, lol. I’m not sure how to check on my husband’s status, we applied the same day. We have been waiting so long, I’m having a difficult time believing it has actually happened. I was getting a little nervous with the talk about the program likely ending, and I feel a little more secure now, although you just don’t know who’s going to be impacted with the changes coming ahead. Last I heard, it sounds like we should have more information on the 30th. I’ve really tried not thinking about our application with all this drama, I’m already stressed out enough about the direction the US has been headed since 2016. Hang in there everybody.

9 Likes

Thank you for your update, and congrats

2 Likes

Congrats!!!:tada: I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing, you gave me new hope!

3 Likes

Happy to report similar results - I last checked for myself about 3 weeks ago, and was still “in analysis”. Was actually in Porto for a week, and upon return home looked again, and voila, now it says “accepted” (well in Portuguese).

Have not heard from my lawyer - should they not be contacting me with the news? Or should I be reaching out to them (FWIW - the lawyer’s email address is on the application).

Stats: Applied/paid: 23 Dec 2021. Accepted some time between 4 March and 22 March. Partner (applied/paid about the same time) still waiting.

5 Likes

I wonder if anyone applied on 12/24 or 12/25 2021, or did lawyers took legal leaves on the national holidays.

1 Like

Mine was paid 12/24.

2 Likes

Agree, and I believe politicians to always know and do what they’re saying.:grinning:

1 Like

OBTW - tried to update the sheet (filled out the form and submitted), but no update appeared on the status sheet.

I learned about my pre-approval today!

Application (me + 1 dependent) on Dec 21, 2021 (not sure about paid date though).

Both pre-approved ten days ago but just heard about it from my lawyer.

Now on to another thread to find out how patient I will have to be regarding biometrics appointments.

15 Likes

Quick update - I prodded the lawyer and they confirmed both my self and partner are accepted, and now waiting for the biometric slots to open.

3 Likes

Congratulations for all applicants who received their pre-approvals recently. It is great to see the progress. Are there anyone else from 2021 submissions who didn’t receive yet the pre-approval?
I noticed also that applicants in 2022 are much lesser than 2021: I counted less than 30 applications in 2022 vs more than 50 in Dec 2021 alone , which means that once the backlog of Dec 2021 is finish, we should be seeing more acceptable timelines and faster pre-approvals. This is the positive person in me speaking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We need all the positive vibes we can muster in this little community! I am a December 24th payment, still waiting. Congrats to Emily also.

3 Likes

If 24th is your pay date, then your application must have been in a few days before that, so I think you should have your pre approval this week!

4 Likes

I’m last week of December 2021 (either 28th or 29th). Still waiting.

2 Likes

Yes, December 14th 2021, still waiting

it’s not in strict chronological order. the files are probably distributed to several SEF agents and each agent has their own pace at which they process applications. they probably haven’t been given any deadline by which to finish the applications - so it completely depends on how self-motivated / diligent the agent that has your file is.

based on everything that i’ve experienced in my dealings with the portuguese system (realtors, lawyers, general contractors, etc.), i am pretty sure most of the SEF agents are taking their own sweet time to get things done.

3 Likes

I applied on Dec 29th 2021, just myself still waiting on Pre-approval

1 Like

So I guess everything that we hear should be taken with grain of salt, example “chronological order”

3 Likes

My filing date is 29th Dec… waiting patiently for a long time now :slight_smile:

3 Likes