Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

From reading these responses over many many months, I do feel it is roughly chronological. Perhaps not precisely, you’ll have different agents working on your case, that may have a different work load and so lag behind, or your case may have some nuance about it that delays it vs a peer, but generally it seems chronological.

3 Likes

My understanding from the reports on this forum is that they are going in chronological order. They have reached mid-December now (some mid-Dec applications obtained pre-approval in Dec 22, and those a week later are receiving pre-approval now). Some with mid-Dec pre-approvals have just been invited for biometrics in the next 2 months - ie long time to pre-approval but shorter time to biometrics.
So hang in there. The different SEF offices and agents are just working their way through the tsunami of applications in December 2021.
SEF will be relieved to be dealing with 2022 applications (as will those on the forum here who applied in 2022! :smile:)

2 Likes

I hope this thread can share the same joy as in the other one :joy:

I am afraid that the delay will remain there. Theresa prom productivity at SEF will be reduced by more than 20% for the month of April

5 Likes

And then summer comes, the productivity reduces to only 20% :laughing:

2 Likes

Applied 12/23/2021. Still waiting.

Almost every country on earth gives priority for those investor category, it never came to my grasp why Portugal has been upside down by making us wait such a long time to simply check the document and expedite the whole process, and that too all through electronic submission.

On the contrary all the other categories including asylum cases are moving faster than GV

1 Like

Not really, take Australia for example.

3 Likes

Should I be concerned to have a biometrics booking on April 10th? I am flying there and I am really concerned my trip will be a waste of time

1 Like

Why swim halfway then turn around? You might not get another chance at biometrics.

4 Likes

I changed my biometrics appointment to Lisbon on April 10, April 11, at the expense of burning my ticket. My lawyer said not to take risks.

1 Like

I have the same concern. I have biometrics scheduled for next Thursday - 6th April. Flights all booked. I have just seen the Portugal News article about the strike, and have immediate e-mailed my lawyer to ask if the appointment will go ahead. No point flying to Portugal if the SEF office is shut :scream:. I’ll let you know what response I get. Please advise what your lawyer says as well.

1 Like

Re biometics openings. Back in January, IIRC, there was a spate of openings that was discussed here (or an adjacent thread). Is there any sense of the current state of biometrics openings? What openings are being vied for, when, etc?

I’m sure my lawyer will deal with it all, I’m just trying to understand the current state of the biometrics time-lags.

Is there pre approval this week? Or are we going to be processed under D2 from now on?

1 Like

No laws have changed yet. To my knowledge, next step is further debate April 27.

5 Likes

Thank you for explaining! Is it another debate or do they reach final decision on April 27th?

1 Like

The stated goals of the government keep getting worse for us, however. Even if they somehow allow existing holders and applicants to renew as planned, this government situation makes me question if citizenship would ever really be possible for a GV holder who doesnt live in PT half the year. And nothing stops them from screwing over GV holders annually going forward!

I have therefore just emailed the museum which received our Cultural Heritage donation and begged for a refund. Quite unlikely, but I can’t really afford to burn 250K and it would be nice to avoid suing the PT government to get it back…

8 Likes

My application is dec 23 2021 still waiting

I don’t know if this make people sadder or happier, but my lawyer told me she saw 3 pre approval this week for 12/17/2021.

You should be coming up soon unless you are Russian!

1 Like