Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

There was one 12/23 applicant in this forum pre approved a month ago, so…

2 Likes

Let’s just say SEF is on the final 10-14 days of 2021!

2 Likes

They mean 21st and 22nd December 2021. No-one from 2022 is being pre-approved yet. Pesky American date formats.

2 Likes

Indeed, that’s what it was, what got me was the days and years aligning!

3 Likes

Filing November 15, 2021
Pre approved April 17, 2023

9 Likes

My lawyer says they are seeing Dec 22, 2021 pre approvals lately.

2 Likes

November? Not december?

1 Like

November yep :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Kind of lends credence the theory that SEF agents are handed a pile of applications and work through them at their own pace?

1 Like

I suspect the final submission/payment date wasn’t until in december sometime, the discrepancy is too large otherwise

3 Likes

Or it may be a more complex application than some: Alex describes his circumstances here:

3 Likes

Applied at the very beggining of Dec’21, approved on April 21, 2023.

9 Likes

Ah sorry I see why you were surprised haha😂 next time I’ll type it full, month day year.

1 Like

Seeing recent share of experiences, I got the feeling that SEF are picking up some long delayed work, perhaps the restructuring has an good impact after all?

Dear Community,
how long in your case did it take from “candidature aceite” (accepted) to receiving a notification from SEF that you can schedule a biometrics appointment? My lawyer says that before we can even look for appointment slots we need to receive such a letter from SEF.
Thanks,
Elena

2 Likes

Correct, you cannot book an appointment until you are invited. Currently they seem to be opening appointments every ~3 months, expect the next opening mid or late may, IIRC

That I understand - that we need to be invited to schedule an appointment. But how long does it take SEF to send an invite to us for even start looking for appointment slots?
Thanks!

Which country are you from? (If it is OK to ask). Thanks!

That’s what I’m telling you, once you get preapproved, you’ll likely get invited in the next batch of biometrics appointments. Approximately every 3 months

Oh, so there is no separate step in SEF sending the letter that allows to schedule an appointment? Do they schedule an appointment for biometrics themselves then? Sorry, it is sooo confusing…

1 Like