Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

thanks @garrett 
 yes i see that but it doesn’t seem to tell me the status of their applications. e.g., doesn’t indicate that my older son’s application needs additional documents. any idea how to get to this level of detail from this page? when i go to the family members page, it just shows ‘accepted’ for each application when i click on each of them.

Exactly, when you click on each of your family entries you will see the status of their application.
If goes from “Aguardo envio” (before initial submission or when documents missing) → “Em analise” (after submission) → “Candidatura aceite” (after pre-approval).

1 Like

i don’t know what state you are from. But depending on the state you live in you can get an official document that they are unmarried. It is used for getting married outside of the country. I got one from AZ for my son it is called different things - but Certificate of non-impediment seems typical.

1 Like

Depends on when you applied for the family. They go on the chronology of application. If the time gap is longer, it takes longer for the family to be approved.

Great! When did you apply?for yourself, and your family?

2 Likes

Ah okay makes sense. There was 2 and a bit months between mine and my daughter’s applications. So I guess at the time they reviewed my application, as my family’s applications were all there too, they pre-approved them all at the same time (we got our pre-approvals on the same day).

following up here - my mistake; i didn’t notice that the status for each co-applicant is listed right next to their details, not at the top of the page like it is for me (main applicant).

i see that my wife and younger son are “accepted” while my older son is “awaiting application” (pending the proof of financial dependence and proof of non-marriage).

thanks @garrett for your help here!

Dec 27 2021 for everyone.

1 Like

I can’t believe I still don’t have pre-approval. This is insane. The biometric slots for the next two months have opened and I am bound to miss it, which is devastating. I am a 12/27/2021 applicant, is there anyone who applied before this date who hasn’t been pre approved?

We are 12/23/21 and we have not been pre-approved.

2 Likes

Dear SEF
 What the fuck!? It is 2023 and applicants from 2021 have still not received pre-approval.

3 Likes

Applied 14th December 2021 not yet pre-approval
You are not alone

3 Likes

Happy to report finally received pre-approval yesterday. 2021/12/28 (ish) applicant.

FYI - my partner is a dependent, and we’re not married. For some reason SEF want legal proof of that. Which in the UK is impossible to get, unless you actually give notice to get married (certificate of no impediment). So now we have to cross fingers they will accept a lower legal status document (Statutory declaration). So just a heads up to anybody else in that situation - get that document in hand should you need it.

11 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: I’m going to church this Sunday to pray

2 Likes

Does anyone expect that the ridiculous wait times that SEF is subjecting us to, will improve when SEF gets restructured?? My lawyer seems to think so, I would like to believe him but I don’t share his optimism. It really angers me that the D7 applicants get approved in a matter of weeks and GV applicants are waiting around at least 1.5yr longer.

1 Like

The restructuring process is a mess
 they said they will restructure but it’s been a month and nothing has been materialized.

1 Like

Lawyers seem universally ready to provide an optimistic spin
mine says they expect things to speed up once Dec 2021 applications are finished being processed (to pre-approval status), but who knows.

Maybe things will speed up with the conversion of ARI applications to D2 visas :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yea the lawyers keep saying that things will speed up after Dec 2021, but what’s this based on? I can’t find any logic or reasoning behind this claim.

1 Like

I think it is because the SEF portal was then closed till June, so hardly any applications were received Jan to mid June 2022. So perhaps not that there would be more applications handled, but we should see June 2022 applications being pre-approved once the Dec 2021 applications have been dealt with.

2 Likes

From my own lawyer’s perspective, their firm saw “considerably fewer” applications in 2022 than in 2021.

1 Like