Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

I exchanged emails with my lawyer last week, they hadnā€™t seen any applications beyond the last week of December yet. He wasnā€™t very optimistic about improving timelines yet.

We also are working with a big firm, they even specialize in mainly ARI.

1 Like

Has your lawyer seen any pre approvals for the last week of Dec 2021? On this forum there has only been one, and it has been silent after that.

2 Likes

Given the lower $ investment threshold ended Dec 31st 2021, Iā€™d imagine that brought forward a lot of applications in Dec 2021 and potentially there could be very few in Jan/Feb/March 2022.

I wonder if pre-approvals will speed up significantly after the Dec 2021 batch is processed.

I think someone in the thread posted an article that says there were 6000 applications on June 1st (or some day) 2022 alone after the portal opened.

1 Like

This one from 24 June 2022?

2 Likes

Some good news to shareā€¦ we finally got pre approvalā€¦ me and my daughters pre approval came on 17th may, for my wife they have asked for passport copy again i believe. My application date was 23rd dec 2021 and rest of my family was on 29th Dec 2021.

Chandra

11 Likes

Sounds optimistic

2 Likes

That is some good news. I am Dec 29, 2021 as well

1 Like

Iā€™m a Jan 2023 applicant and the best I can get from my lawyer is ā€œwithin 12 monthsā€ for pre-approvalā€¦

1 Like

Lol does your lawyer mention how long it would take for pre-approval? Iā€™m March 2023 and I expect to get my residence permit no sooner than the end of 2024 or maybe even 2025, which is crazy given the amount of money invested.

Honestly, 2024 is highly optimistic. 2025 possible.

2 Likes

Questions

1. you go from under analysis to pre approval and its around 16 months right now ?

2. is it everyone if family for biometric but maybe not at same time?

hey folks - i received pre-approval today.

27 dec 2021 submission => 19 may 2023 pre-approval.

how do i confirm my family (wife + 2 kids) are also pre-approved?

how do i make sure we get a biometrics appointment as soon as possible?

13 Likes

Depends how you received your own pre-approval.
You use the same channel to receive your family pre-approvals.

For the biometrics you wait for the next round of invitations from SEF which is expected approx. end of this month May 2023.
You would receive the invite from SEF directly or from your lawyer (or both) depending on the method you used for your SEF portal access.

i found out i was pre-approved by logging into my sef account. an email from my lawyer followed soon thereafter.

i donā€™t have the login information for my wife and 2 kids (need to get that from my lawyer!) but my lawyer provided the following update on them. interested in hearing everyoneā€™s thoughts on the below. thanks!

I am pleased to inform you that wifeā€™s and younger sonā€™s Golden Visa applications have been accepted. However, older sonā€™s application has not yet been accepted as SEF requires:

• Proof of full financial dependency (for this I suggest that you obtain a declaration from his college, confirming that he is registered in that institution, for the 2023 academic school year as full-time student)
  • Proof that he is single: I think that his birth certificate does not mention that so maybe an Affidavit from a lawyer stating that there is no specific document that states that a person is single, that only if a person gets married it is proven by a marriage certificate.

For the biometric appointments, I consider that it is too early to start applying for the updated documents, taking into account that the validity of FBI report is 3 months (other documents is 6 months) as we cannot book the appointment until SEF notifies us to do so. However, if you wish, I suggest that you start at the end of May.

Nevertheless, the list of updated documents that will be necessary are:

• For you and wife: updated FBI report (notarized and with the Hague Apostille)
  • For wife: Marriage Certificate (notarized and with the Hague Apostille)
  • For younger son: birth certificate (notarized and with the Hague Apostille)
  • For older son: updated FBI report, birth certificate, proof of financial dependency and that he is single.

From the previous notifications, I expect that SEF may send notifications near the end of the May to book for June and July. However, I do not know if your will be included in these notifications. If you arenā€™t it will mean that your appointment will only be possible from August (I am only guessing).

If it is I will contact you to know what your preference is, but if there is no time, I will make the appointment any day and if necessary outside Lisbon.

If you have an appointment and if you do not have the documents ready we can request extension of time to file them.

3 Likes

Ignore your lawyer, get the docs and keep them updated. Itā€™s minimal cost compared to the whole investment and smooths things along.

Make sure you all keep physical boarding passes for how you get to Portugal!

Your dependents shouldnā€™t be on separate logins, I donā€™t think.

1 Like

great advice. thank you @garrett

re: separate logins - i see my dependents listed when i log in but i donā€™t see the status for them. so i think they do have their own applications and logins?

I assumed she could apply in Jan 22 because it was through family re-unification route, not a completely fresh GV application. I donā€™t know how the portal for applications works.

She wasnā€™t approved before the main applicant, she was approved at the same time as the main applicant (me) and the rest of our family, back in April or May last year. I applied in October 21.

I think in most cases SEF have been pre-approving families at the same time havenā€™t they?

1 Like

Dependents are listed in the same SEF portal page under the main applicantā€™s login.
They do not have any separate logins.
You can click on the ā€˜Familyā€™ icon in your SEF portal and see everyoneā€™s status from there by selecting each dependant one by one.

1 Like