Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

What exactly are you expecting to happen? I am absolutely confused :joy:

Congratulations; just to confirm my understanding: you applied one month ago for a golden visa and you got the pre-approval today? This is really too good to be true

Either user misunderstanding (my guess) or the SEF is gonna start just rubber stamping pre-approvals to clear up the backlog

Then biometrics will be the pain point, I assume

1 Like

no, of course, i mean status was changed a month ago. Application was submitted 12/21

2 Likes

At long last:
Applied December 20th, 2021
Pre-approved June 2nd, 2023

Dependents added September 2022, not sure if they’ll be approved soon along with me, or a decade later once SEF gets to the 2022 crowd.

Now I wait for biometrics…

Keep up hope December applicants!

11 Likes

Americans Are Leaving Portugal as Golden Visa Honeymoon Ends
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-06-08/getting-a-visa-for-portugal-americans-who-made-pandemic-move-are-leaving

3 Likes

Article is Paywalled

2 Likes

You can afford a golden visa but not Bloomberg? :grimacing: I thought we had standards here

2 Likes

short summary:

Americans get there, discover it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, leave.

• no houses, what’s there costs more than they believed
  • administrative roadblocks everywhere even after you figure out how to do something
  • takes forever to get anything done
  • poor service
  • uncaring attitudes

“The country was never set up to welcome this many expats at once,” he said. “A lot of people come for a year and leave after six months.”

“It’s death by a thousand cuts,” she said of the small adaptations to life in Portugal — including what the Californian described as unexpectedly cold winters.

In other words, they discover that Portugal is, well, Portugal, not a cheaper 51st state.

6 Likes

Another article incorrectly blaming the GV for real estate prices and rent increasing, hooray!

2 Likes

Applied 12/23/21
Pre-approval 6/6/23
Awaiting biometrics appointment

21 Likes

It has been a week since the last report of a pre-approval case. did anyone receive pre-approval recently and what is the feedback- if any, from your lawyers regarding pre-approval status?

2 Likes

Last week my lawyer reported one pre approval for 12/23/2021

3 Likes

We may have entered the summer holiday doldrums, where SEF takes a well-earned three month break from not doing anything.

6 Likes

15 days a go application and paid but we are waiting for Confirmation of documents in embassy in my country then sef preaprroval we have along journy and worried a lot is there another one that applied this month?

two years only for preapproval stage?

3 Likes

Yes, you have a long wait.

2 Likes

Yes. I applied December 2021 and I’m still waiting for pre-approval.

3 Likes

Applied 27/12/2021
Pre-approval 19/6/2023
Biometrics Appointment 14/08/2023

14 Likes

Looks like they have collapsed the delay between pre-approval and the ability to get biometrics appointments. That’s good news.

We got our approvals mid last year and the invite for biometrics took 6 months.

3 Likes