Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Lately it seems you get invited to the very next round of appointments following your pre approval.

3 Likes

True, but the pre-approval rate is still very low. SEF didn’t finalize yet Dec 2021 applications!

Hopefully we’re seeing the impact of allowing online renewals - freeing up resources to do biometrics.

5 Likes

Indeed, does feel like the bottleneck now is firmly pre-approvals. Biometrics are happening on time, and even final approvals are speeding up in certain parts (like Porto).

I am the one of those unfortunate guys who applied for GV.
Applied at the very last day of 2021, but no feedback, even pre approval.
Is there anybody who applied in 2022 and received an approval ?

1 Like

@dmitriy.bilash I think you are one of the very few on this forum with an application date of 30 Dec 2021. We haven’t seen anyone yet share a pre-approval from an application date of 30 Dec, but Nomadgaters will be keenly awaiting an update on your status, because once you get a pre-approval, there’s a big chance SEF is [almost] finished with their 2021 pre-approvals!

7 Likes

We all want to know the status of your application so far

I applied Dec 28, 2021. Spouse was Dec 31, 2021 and children were April 8, 2022.

Still waiting on pre-approval for all.

@dmitriy.bilash , I believe SEF is still clearing the applications of Dec 2021 for pre-approvals, so I would expect your turn to come very soon. Also, for the 2022 applications, bear in mind that the SEF portal was not accepting any new applications between Feb 2022 and June 2022. I personally had my application ready in Feb 2022, but had it submitted in Jun 2022.

1 Like

I am aware, from another forum, of 2 applications (one Dec 27th and second one Dec 31st) that were pre-approved recently so apparently all Dec 21 applications will be cleared soon

3 Likes

could you please pm me the name of this forum?

2 Likes

I’m in a group where someone with 31/12/21 application now has pre-approval and biometrics scheduled.

1 Like

It looks like SEF began processing December 2021 applications in August or September of 2022. Will we reach a full year of processing that single month!? I hope June/July 2022 applications aren’t as numerous…

Applied 14th December 21
Awaiting pre-approval too

3 Likes

Really? I applied Dec 31 2021 and still waiting for pre-approval

1 Like

Pre approval is very noisy - definitely not strictly chronological. Just generally

1 Like

They sorted the applications chronologically once, but the piles of paper have been knocked off their desks a few times since then.

1 Like

Yes it seems to be roughly chronological. Probably simply different agents working through a batch of applications then picking up more once done, so they get slightly out of order.

My daughter who applied on 27/1/22 has just been invited for biometrics - she was pre-approved on 5/5/22 with rest of family but they seem to have waited to invite her for biometrics roughly chronologically.

3 Likes

Let’s know the forum so that we can also participate in it for mutual benefit

1 Like

Sorry but just want to confirm, you mean your application was on Jan 2022 and got pre-approved on May 2022?