Awaiting Pre-Approval (Stage 2)

Hey!

I believe many of us are going through the real estate option and many of us might have also rented out their properties for earning.

Can anyone suggest a good insurance company for multi risk insurance?

Thanks in advance.

I went through my bank (Millennium bcp) to get the insurance. It was around 100 euros for the year for property insurance. I believe they do other insurances as well. Ask your banker.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m wondering if anyone who invested in funds received such taxes inquiry from their lawyer. It is so suspicious Iā€™m not sure if sheā€™s trying to scam me or not.

Never heard of this. Unless this was in your engagement agreement with the lawyer, I would question it.

1 Like

Itā€™s your yearly payment for their service as your tax representative.

I think you technically donā€™t need one, search on the forums about that or maybe someone better informed can chime in.

I pay my lawyers for the same fee, not because I really think I need it, but because Iā€™m fine paying a little extra to keep them happy and put up with my emails and such when I need things answered, even if theyā€™re somewhat outside the bounds of what I have contracted them for.

3 Likes

Check your NIF. If you are a non-resident in Portugal, and not resident elsewhere in the EU, when you obtain a NIF, you are required to declare the entity/persons who fiscally represent you in Portugal. This entity is specified on the NIF and the Tax authorities can visit the entity/person, as necessary. It is obligatory to appoint a tax representative domiciled in Portugal to assist in the fulfilment of your tax obligations - if you reside elsewhere & not in the EU.

2 Likes

Might be incorrect but this is something i havenā€™t looked too hard at

1 Like

Good link. Yes, circumstances change.
Another useful thread, after the modification of the law: NIF: If no longer needed, must I still pay for fiscal representative and/or file taxes forever?
ATP law in Portuguese (6 June 2022) at: https://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt/pt/informacao_fiscal/legislacao/instrucoes_administrativas/Documents/Oficio_Circulado_90054_2022.pdf

1 Like

In hindsight maybe paying a lawyer hourly wouldve been the move for us. Or would they still be on Portugal Time?!

We just paid our tax filing fee too even thoā€¦no taxes. If they took ARI away so many law firms would probably disappear. Life is good with all that easy money!

Thank you for all the tips guys! Really appreciated!

In the database there is not any updated in last month. There is not any single pre-aproval.

This this link for monthly stats but October is also still not available. I doubt that they did not work at all last month.

I have also heard that there are some major problems were existing in SEF. Golden Visa related problems seem only a small minority problems of them since officially there had 370.000 cases before transition.

Thereā€™s a whole thread about the SEF ā†’ AIMA transition here. New name, same mess. Oh with some added disruption during the re-org, like SEF employees not knowing where to show up for work in the new AIMA :roll_eyes:

1 Like

500 euros is a lot for tax representation. I believe Iā€™m only paying 50 euros per year.

1 Like

Going back to the main topic of this forumā€¦ Itā€™s been more than a month since we last heard of a pre-approval. The last one that I see in the crowdsourced database is from October 13 2023 for an application submitted on December 28 2021.
Have you heard of any pre-approvals since the launch of AIMA?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s important to know! Thank you!

Can you forward the details of who do you use?

Guys, for tax rep costs and recommendations please refer to the article here on Nomadgate:

Itā€™s all in there!

2 Likes

Seems like since the launch of AIMA, they have shit the bed and stopped doing reapprovals all together. I wonder if they will even release the stats anymore or if the transition has given them an excuse to hide their incompetence.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been 3 weeks since AIMA started and not even one pre-approval. I was hoping AIMA will start processing applications as soon they open, to address the backlog of applications. But I was wrong.

I invested all my life savings/investments, with my portugal GV I am no longer getting any returns - I made this choice for 6 years, not for 10 years :frowning:. Ofcourse, this delay and impact on GV applicants doesnā€™t seem to bother SEF/AIMA.

I applied late April 2023, with the current situation I might get my first residency card in 3 years time, decided to try my luck with Lawsuit, hoping outcome will be similar like English Golden Visa investor beats SEF in court - The Portugal News

If we all want to see a change then we find a good lawyer(s) and ask them to submit lawsuits, at least 100 every month, this can only be possible with this community.

Has anyone submitted a lawsuit for pre approval in the last 12 months ? I wish we had a small database for all lawsuits and the outcome.

1 Like

The lawsuit tracking is a great idea. We filed last week for final approval. Applied November 2021.