Best app to learn European Portuguese

Hi,

Do you have a recommendation for an app to learn European Portuguese? Most apps (like duolingo) teach Brazilian Portuguese.

Thanks!

1 Like

“Drops” has a European Portuguese option, as does Pimsleur. “Portuguese FEL” (Fun, Easy, Learn) is European Portuguese as well I believe. I haven’t chosen one to keep up with myself.

I like https://www.practiceportuguese.com/

Mia Esmeriz Academy

Mia is a native of Portugal. Her course is in European NOT Brazilian Portuguese

Memrise is the best for European Portuguese

1 Like

I see that at +100,000 Brazilians are living now in Portugal.

They speak Brazilian Portuguese.

Have any failed to receive citizenship because they did not speak European Portuguese??

We are using Memrise as well. Love it.

While not an app, I came across this youtube channel
It’s quite helpful when it comes to spoken European Portuguese, which in my experience, can be quite challenging as they cut a lot of things short making it hard to understand them :laughing:

Drops is my favorite app to start learning a language.

I’ve been enjoying Beelingua App which you can use to read and listen to text in Portuguese with an English translation side-by-side. It’s helpful once you’ve established a basic vocabulary (which you could get with Drops).

Thank you for sharing @sam

I second www.practiceportuguese.com. In addition to focusing on European Portuguese, I am finding very strong retention of what I am learning, in contrast to other sources I’ve used in the past (such as Duolingo).