Can we put any pressure on SEF for the biometric appointment delays?

Sure hope this isnā€™t them looking at the IMGA fund skeptically, which is how I read it

No, I dont think there is an issue with publicly traded funds. There are some people who now are investing in ā€œcommercialā€ properties in high density areas that are probably more accurately described as residential properties. This would only affect people who invested after 2022 when the rules changed.

1 Like

That would be good but not explain why pre approvals are slow for those that invested in 2021

3 Likes

Thank you for the thorough overview. This doesnā€™t change the fact that the ā€œlucky onesā€ who already have permits are finding that it is impossible to renew them when the expiration date approaches. SEF acts as we donā€™t exist. The silence is deafening.

When you say SEF is going though a reorganization, do you mean the order from the government for it to be totally dismantled? SEF is fighting that to the death, including in court. Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s very little organizing and optimizing thatā€™s happening inside SEF as long as the standoff continues. The Idealista article last week described an agency thatā€™s rudderless, demoralized and barely functioning.

1 Like

Hi

I dont know and i not part of any forums in hindi .If know know it please give details thanks

BR

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Just read this forum subject and then take a look on the below news: ā€œPortugalā€™s Golden Visa Program Marks 94 % Increase in Mayā€ (Portugalā€™s Golden Visa Program Marks 94 % Increase in May - SchengenVisaInfo.com)

We are a group of GV investors with no light at the end of tunnel, how come more people joining us?

gosh i canā€™t believe the number of red flags Iā€™m seeing in this news report- simply horrifying.
Iā€™m glad I refrianed from injecting the project funds into my Portugese bank account since the SEF shutdown. But does anyone know how likely would I be able to retrieve my 5k EUR ā€œlawyer feeā€ from them since everything has been such a nightmare?

1 Like

Given that the article is talking about actual visas granted, not even applicationsā€”which are only just now submissable again this yearā€” these are people who submitted applications and did their biometrics months and months ago (maybe even over a year ago). So they are not new people. In fact they are ā€œoldā€ people compared to many of us on this site.

4 Likes

Getting money back from the lawyerļ¼ŸYou probably need another lawyer.

2 Likes

Haha very true!
I actually am not sure whether they defined that 5k as lawyer fee or service fee. But any amount I can get back would be good :joy:

Portugal treats other types of immigrants nicely. Look at D7 , look at a new law of 180 days of stay for any potential foreign worker, Portugal creates new work visa for foreigners - The Portugal News, why are they so mean to us who bring in money and skillsļ¼Ÿ

1 Like

Because being rich is not necessarily perceived as a good thing by the average person.

2 Likes

Hello! you are not alone. I agree that it is very convenient to SEF to sit on the piles of cases waiting for appointments (in my case, to collect biometrics) and just do nothing. I just found this online complaints platform. SEF says ā€œit is not an organ within SEFā€ (which does not provide any onbudsman or alike channel, so what can we do right?). I just think that if they felt it was necessary to clarify that the complaints online platform is not ā€œofficialā€ or ā€œwithin SEFā€ it looks like they pay attention to it and feel the pressure. Soā€¦ why not coordinate a joint complain? https://portaldaqueixa.com/brands/sef-servico-de-estrangeiros-e-fronteiras/complaints?p=13

2 Likes

Very interesting to read some of the complaints on the site. We are certainly not alone on this forum. Hence this begs a question: just how much does anyone pay attention to these complaints?

i checked on this websiteā€™s home page but it looks like just a third-party ā€œconsumer reviewā€ social media. I donā€™t think this would have any impact on SEF itself, other than a bad internet review :joy:

1 Like

I just applied for GV and wish I had found this site/chat earlier to understand the delay. May I ask how long you have waited? Thanks

If you search through these forums, youā€™ll find a survey of the wait times people have experienced. The worst was I think one poor fellow waiting three years. I think the more typical experience is application to card in hand about 2 years.

3 months for pre-approval. Will be 1 year in July waiting for a biometric appointment.

Yeah, same here. Also about 3 months for preapproval and nearly a year to hear about the biometrics appointment.
I spoke to my lawyers yesterday and they informed me that the system will start soon again and that itā€™s in chronological orderā€¦ so first in first out type of thing, I presume.

Portuguese Lawyers and Solicitors and both Professional Bodies are meeting with SEFā€™s Director and with the Ministry, and are prosecuting the Portuguese State.