Class Action against Portugal for proposed termination of GV

THIS IS AN URGENT MESSSAGE REQUIRING YOUR ATTENTION AND ACTION!

The rights of immigrants to Portugal are being threatened. At this point proposed laws seek to revoke the rights of ARI (residence by investment ) applicants , but any category of immigrants could be next. Please sign this petition sponsored by PAIIR asap . If the group of Portuguese industry and legal leaders obtain 7,500 signature the group will secure the right to participate in parliamentary discussions about the bill and represent it’s members and us.

Please help before it’s too late. https://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=PT115859. To join the petition you need you name, email and NIF or identification residence card or passport number) .

Obrigado pela ajuda.

3 Likes

50% reached…

3 Likes

Mike, how can we reach more. Do you have access to the Facebook groups? Can you post my All Hands, Public Service Announcement on some of those?
Thanks so much!

The petition was signed by over 4000 people earlier today. First the count dropped to about 2700 and now it’s up to 3430, any ideas why? People backtracking or some entries eliminated for incorrect/made up data?

1 Like

Confirmation of email address? It can go into SPAM. But this step is obligatory.

2 Likes

We are not hearing why that happened. It was disheartening, but onward!

1 Like

Looks like it’s down to 3500. Seems very weird that the numbers fluctuate so much.

There is a step to reconfirm one’s entry, via a link on an email which is received after the initial petition submission is completed. Perhaps everyone is not “reconfirming” their submission???

For sure that’s what it is. I missed the message until I saw someone post about it in the forum. It’s too much friction for something simple esp since it requires an NIF

2 Likes

Fwiw you can use your passport number. That’s what I did

1 Like

I’m in a whatsapp group and it was said that there’s a “private forum” on Nomadgate for the discussion of a class action (or rather, a series of individual cases). Does anyone know how to access that? Or is this it?

You have arrived. However, there is no real class action status in Portugal, that is a product of the U.S. tort law. We would have to file a claim in the US which could be done, but is about 4 or t on the list of options because of expense. Better to join the production mill of individual administrative legal court actions that we will all file in Portugal if this goes the wrong way.

2 Likes

German new in English about the housing crisis in Portugal, specially Lisbon. No discussion about how the Golden Visa applicants are causing all the problems.