HOW-TO: GV Automatic Online Renewal Procedure (Jan 2023→)

Wow, very fast! Congratulations!
Looks like to wait a bit after SEF processed the main wave of automatic applications works better than to be in the middle of that wave. I would definitely do that if expiration of the old permit were in the last month of the opened quarter.
Mine infortunately is 25th of the first month, so I will better apply as soon as it opened.

1 Like

Good luck! I hope that you have great news too!

Hi, I and my family applied for online renewal since 12.5.2023 (( our residency cards expired at 7.5.2023)) through our lawyer, till now 12.9.2023 ,we get no cards !! Nearly 4 months!! I would like to ask if anyone have such long period of online renewal??
My regards

Nope, the online automatic renewals do take a maximum of 60 working days. If SEF has missed the 60 Days deadline, please do send them an email with DUC Payment proof and the Old Card details. They shall be processing your card, their online system is below par and they do miss a lot of things

1 Like

If your lawyer was able to renew successfully, you should have received an invoice and been asked to make a payment before receiving the cards. If this hasn’t happened, you should ask your lawyer about this.

1 Like

That is not quite the case, there is some racism involved unfortunately. To my knowledge, no cards were renewed for Russian investors since April. SEF is pushing the people who don’t want to support the Putin’s regime back to Russia so they would live and pay taxes in Russia. That’s quite sad.
I’m talking about a few hundreds of SEF renewal cases to this day.

My lawyer said the same. That SEF just not send the renewed GV cards to Russians. While normal permits not GV are renewed and received. A lot. So it is combination of nationality + GV. Which I don’t understand. Why using our money that are treating us much much worse that usual permits.

I think because, historically, wealthy Russians (oligarchs in particular) are seen as being up to no good and SEF doesn’t want them making trouble in its neighborhood.

A friend’s lawyer “submitted” his and his wife’s GV residency renewal application to SEF on Nov. 2022 His wife’s renewed card was issued many months ago, but there’s no news about his card. He wanted to try renewing his card online, but his lawyer advised against this because it might jeopardize his already submitted application. Is there any one who has tried successfully or who would know whether it is feasible to get a renewal online in spite of there being an application filed with SEF?

One person (@sleuth_09dirk) has reported success with automatic online renewal after submitting regular application and biometrics last year: Golden Visa Online Renewal - #8 by sleuth_09dirk

2 Likes

If I read the new 2024 budget proposal correctly, the automatic online renewal procedure is proposed to be extended to June 30, 2024. Anyone confirm?

I do not think that anybody doubts that automatic renewal will continue in general. Due to many reasons.
However, it does not meant that it will be for GV and especially for those old GV investments, which are not eligible under new law.

Confirmed. Article 137. Clause 1.
Some exceptions related to Article 90a of [Law No 23/2007] 4 July, but rapid first read suggests these are mainly checks that the applicant is up-to-date with tax payments and social security payments.

1 Like

Has anyone with a ARI residency card expiring in Q4 had any luck with auto renewal? Or are we still all waiting to see if online renewals will be opened for Q4? (Mine expired last week, and I keep logging in to the SEF portal but get the same ‘Residence permit does not allow you to use the ‘automatic renewal’ feature’ that others with cards expiring in previous quarters received before the renewals were opened.)

I doubt they will be taking away auto renewal, its too much money for significantly less work. Especially after the ARI fees goes up.

1 Like

FYI, I deleted a handful of posts that were getting quite off-topic and a tad too political. Let’s stay on topic please! :pray:

4 Likes

Taking into account that all the fees are increased by 30% since October 29, we could hardly expect autorenewal to be opened before that date

1 Like

Yeah, good advice. Let us stay focus and not intimidate each other.
Great folks

1 Like

If I follow where things stand with the changeover, there are no online GV renewals in place now, and can only be done with a personal appointment at AIMA, which cannot be made online. Holders of other residency permits (D7, D8) can be done with a personal appointment scheduled through SIGA, but now have documentation requirements.

Is it known whether GV renewals still have the 2023 budget bill waiver of documentation requirements in place?

There is no doubt that automatic renewals without documentation was a temporarily solution. Based on what happened with other permits, there will be no more automatic renewals at all. Scheduling for other permits is already online, I suppose that new online system which should start working by the end of the year may accept scanned docs online for preliminary analysis.
So I doubt that GV could be renewed without documentation