Is it Lawsuit time? (Processing times)

Agreed. I don’t know the legal system well enough, but I suppose if the threshold for urgency clearly isn’t met a judge could choose to ‘punish’ the application by rejecting the court case entirely, rather than just the ‘urgent’ element, then you would have to refill a case as non -urgent having lost a further 2 months. Seems worth the risk to me.
I wonder if anyone has experience of this?

Oh, interesting! Thanks for sharing. So, it looks like it has gone up by about ~250 euros.

We filed as urgent, and had the case rejected. The case was then re-filed as urgent again, with a few more details added, and just succeeded earlier this week.

11 Likes

Congratulations! If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again :tada:

2 Likes

A judge isn’t going to delete your application. But a non-urgent lawsuit likely will take years. Maybe longer than the normal GV processing time!

Good luck.

2 Likes

The whole urgent v non-urgent situation re: court summons is somewhat confusing. Our attorney said that we have a strong case as we are living here and they did use the term “urgent” in speaking with us. But the document filed with the court seems to have been on a non-urgent basis. This is how it reads:

Tribunal: Tribunal Administrativo de Círculo de Lisboa
Documento físico: Não
Citação urgente: Não

Another NG user had a similar situation and was of the opinion their summons wasn’t filed as urgent. So, ultimately, we don’t really know if we were seen as an urgent case. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Can someone share some good lawyers that do the urgent lawsuit? I want to do one but don’t know any good lawyers.

I just went back and looked at the heading of our document, and it is identical to yours. However, both the first filing and the second filing were apparently treated as urgent (decision within a few months, not a year+), so there is some disconnect between the wording on the cover page and the actual status, it seems.

Just messaged you.

That makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like

Mine said the same, it was treated as urgent

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My lawyer company recommended to go for a lawsuit on an urgency bases and they want 2. 750 Euro for processing (including family members)

Is it a reasonable price?
Thanks

Ask NSM for a quote, I paid less but maybe your circumstances are different

3 Likes

I paid around 750 eur for myself and my wife. I don’t see why the number of family members would matter

3 Likes

Normally you do a lawsuit and a separate urgent lawsuit so that if urgent fails the other one goes along. My urgent failed (one of the 4 judges) (now being appealed) and the non urgent is at: “everyone agrees to do something but the government has 60 days to provide information so everyone can spend 60 days to review said info to then wait 60 days for a ruling . “

Since I started a company I have some extra juice because it’s impacting my ability to expand but it is Sllllllloooooowwwww.

Just went and found attorney email:

So -

main lawsuit was replied by AIMA on 1/25 and they just attached my file with no formal response . Comments made by my attorneys on 3/11 . AIMA has not opposed anything (they did not even respond) so we are waiting on judge

Urgent - dismissed for not showing urgency on 1/6 and appealed on 1/29. At higher admin court of south on 2/20. Public prosecutor filed dismissal on 3/14 and my attorneys replied on 3/21. Everyone waiting on judge.

Good price. Cheaper than mine

1 Like

Can’t believe they rejected urgency even tho you started a company and hired workers. How r you managing to stay in PT without residency?

I live in the US. It’s why I needed a GV not a D7

After our first urgent request was rejected, we refiled in October. Still no word.

2 Likes