Moving out of Portugal

Have you tried a family member submitting the registered address change on your behalf in your former country? Absent that, most lawyers (in your former country) could do it for a fee.

I’m in the exact same situation (Portuguese citizen, freelance translator) and I’m curious to know if you’ve found a solution.

I’m planning to keep moving around and not live anywhere for long and I’ve been looking at the tax situation. I’ve read in nomad communities that most nomads just don’t declare their income, but it can’t be that easy. Even if I don’t spend a single day in Portugal, I’m still a tax resident. Plus, I’m paid into my Portuguese bank account, so surely they’d notice at some point that there was undeclared income. Since it’s not a huge amount per month, it’s unlikely to sound any alarms, but I can’t imagine it’ll never be addressed.

I’ve lived in the Czech Republic during the last 2 years (and for a year and a half I was “normally” employed and paid taxes there), so I’m thinking becoming tax resident there would probably be the easiest to pay a more reasonable amount of taxes. But I’m interested to know if there are better ways. Any tips would be appreciated.

There is no tax treaty between Guatemala and Portugal unfortunately: http://internationaltaxtreaty.com/treaty/portugal
It would be great to hear a bit more about Guatemala as a nomad destination.